body images 2020 01 26 quote205 0png?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
body images 2020 01 26 quote205 0png?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Wellness > Mental Health

10 Affirmations to get Your Through Finals Week

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at DePauw chapter.

Finals week can be super stressful, but your mindset can make a big impact on how stressful it is. Here are some affirmations you can tell yourself throughout the week as a reminder that you can do this! 

I am smart.

The first part of doing well in school is just believing in yourself. Whenever you feel like an assignment is too hard just reminder yourself that you are smart! 

I am doing my best.

When you have so many things due at one time, it can be easy to get down on yourself but just remember that you are doing the best you can. 

I am in control of my stress level.

Take control of how you feel! Just keep telling yourself this affirmation until you feel less stressed. 

Everything will get done. 

Even though it might seem impossible at times, it will all get done! Just keeping the end in sight will make everything seem more reasonable. 

I am capable of doing every task at hand. 

Break down each item. When you look at things individually they don’t seem so overwhelming. You truly can do it all! 

I am grateful for how far I’ve come.

At the height of finals, it’s easy to forget how much work you have put in up to this point. Just take a second to thank yourself for attending all those classes and doing all those readings!

I forgive myself. 

During this part of the semester, you have to accept that you might not be able to do your absolute best on every single assignment. Forgive yourself for not starting on stuff sooner, or rushing through a paper. It will all be okay. 

I will have a break soon. 

Even though the last few weeks of classes can be super draining, just remember that after you finish classes you will get to rest and enjoy the holidays. (I’m already dreaming of a day of baking sugar cookies.)

I am focused. 

Since doing classes at home I’ve had a way harder time staying focused. This affirmation will help you realize that you can stay focused, even if you don’t have the best environment. 

I will do well in my classes. 

This might be the most important one. You need to truly believe that you will be successful in your classes and the rest will fall into place. 

Good luck with finals! You can do this! 

Hi, I'm Zosha! I'm a senior and I'm also the Senior Editor of the DePauw HerCampus Chapter. I'm an English Writing Major and Psychology Minor. In addition to HerCampus, I am also a Bonner School, Fiction Editor for the Midwestern Review, and a member of Alpha Chi Omega. My obsessions are otters, The Office, and flowers.
Hi, I'm Katherine! I'm an Anthropology major. I am a member of the Honors Scholar Program, as well as a Bonner Scholar.