stephanie greene rMzg35fH6K0 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
stephanie greene rMzg35fH6K0 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Wellness

Why Caring Less Made My Life Better

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at DePaul chapter.

For someone who places themselves in a position of utter compassion, the act of caring can play a very big role mentally and emotionally. I get into this constant state of worrying about others, things I can’t control, and ways in which I can better myself.

This trait about me has definitely became an obsession. One that deteriorated my mentality in some cases. I worried too much. Cared too much. And all I got back—discontent and stress.

Compassion and care are things we need.

Stress is something we don’t.

Photo Courtesy of Flickr

In times where I have found myself putting so much effort into making sure everyone is happy, everyone is content, everyone is okay, I put less time into finding things that make me feel all of these good things. So much so, that I digress into my shell and make excuses for why I feel so sh*tty.

I found that if I let off the gas pedal a bit, letting go of some things I care too much about and remembering what truly matters has helped me regain my footing.

Photo Courtesy of Pinterest

Natalie is currently a junior studying Public Relations and Advertising with a minor in Spanish and Event Planning. She is an avid beauty, interiors, and lifestyle enthusiast. When she's not doing yoga or obsessing over her golden retriever pup, you'll find her writing in the SAC, library, at the Stu, and basically, anywhere she can get good wifi connection at DePaul.