This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at DePaul chapter.
It’s not me, it’s you.

This is probably the hardest breakup I’ve ever had to endure, but it’s time to end this unhealthy, toxic relationship. It’s time for me to take a break from dairy. Dairy’s and my relationship has been a life-long love affair, as I am from the good ole state of Wisconsin (aka home of the cheeseheads). And while I love dairy more than anything (mac and cheese IS my favorite food after all), I have accepted that this is a one sided relationship, and that dairy doesn’t love me as much as I love it, and it doesn’t make me feel great.

Courtesy of Medical News Today 

I’ve known for a few years now that I was lactose intolerant, but I just kind of ignored it and kept eating all of the dairy. However, it has gotten to the point of me feeling really awful every time I eat dairy products, so I have accepted the fact that I have to change my eating habits. It’s definitely going to be a bit of a difficult transition, as I probably have dairy in every meal that eat in the day, so there is going to be a bit of an adjustment period as I not only cut down the amount of dairy I consume, but also find alternatives that still satisfy and taste delicious.

While the adjustment and change may be a bit tough, I know in the end, I will feel better physically, and will hopefully help my body, both outward and inward. 

Courtesy of Everyday Reading 

Sadie is co- Campus Correspondent for Her Campus DePaul. She is a proud Wisconsinite double majoring in Journalism and Media and Cinema Studies. She is a cheese-loving lactose intolerant, musical theater nerd, movie buff, and cat lady. If you ever need to know unnecessary random facts about celebrities or want a live reenactment of every episode of The Office, she's your gal.