This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at DePaul chapter.

Fall has the most potential for aesthetic out of all the seasons, but also comes with the stress of class, new social engagements, and for most of us, learning how to adjust to life on our own. So try these festive and Instagram worthy DIYs that will cozy up your October!     

1. Chai Tea Apple Cider

This spicy drink will warm your soul. Served hot with a tea bag and a dollop of whipped cream, this is your childhood favorite all grown up. The same sweet flavor of apple cider you always loved but now with a punch. Say goodbye to that $5 Pumpkin Spice Latte from Starbucks, and say hello to warm fall goodness!

Full recipe

2. Fall Coloring Pages

Image 

Yet another blast from the past. Coloring has been proven to reduce stress, and “adult” coloring books have been trending for a while now. This is one of my favorite things to do on a night in. Play Sabrina The Teenage Witch, wear an oversized sweater and sit in bed coloring in pumpkins. I found free printable pages on Pinterest and they have changed my life! Also, free fall decor for your apartment. You’re welcome!

Find coloring pages here

3. Fall Candles

Image

Okay, ladies, it’s time to get crafty! This was a project I troubleshooted on my own so you didn’t have to! It’s really simple, cheap, and totally worth it. Plus everything you need can be found at your local craft store!

All you’ll need is:

• Soy wax flakes
  • 2 candle wicks
  • Ceramic or glass container
  • 2 tablespoon cinnamon
  • 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
  • 20 drops of Cloves essential oil
  • 3 drops of Frankincense essential oil

First, you will melt the wax with indirect heat in a bowl until completely melted. Once melted you will pour the wax (careful, it’s HOT) into the container of your choice and stir in the essential oils, vanilla, and cinnamon. When finished, you will place wicks and secure them to the edges so they don’t fall, and then leave the candle to set. Then viola! A fall candle that smells like accomplishment and fall cookies baking in the oven!

4. Pumpkin pie sugar scrub

As the weather grows colder, your lips tend to do that thing where they pretend that they’ve never seen chapstick before and shrivel up all dry and sad. Well, I say no more! This pumpkin pie lip scrub will change your season. Apply this recipe generously to your lips and rub them together to exfoliate, and when you are done, just simply lick your lips! I mean it is pumpkin pie flavored for a reason.

Recipe

5. Fall essential oil blends

If you don’t have enough time to make a candle and don’t want to spend $25 on a 3-wick, then this is for you. If you don’t have money for a pricey diffuser, I have found some on Bed Bath and Beyond as well as Amazon for as little as $10. Essential oils can be found at either of these locations as well. This is an easy way to bring relaxing fall scents into your home without any mess.

be the voice.