bruce mars ZXq7xoo98b0 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
bruce mars ZXq7xoo98b0 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Wellness

5 Essentials I Carry In My Backpack

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at DePaul chapter.

Welcome back, my fellow beauties! We have completed the first week of school and still have a bit more to go. I hope that everyone had a great summer and feel refreshed to start the new school year. To start off a new school year right, I want to share the essentials I make sure I have in my backpack.  Photo from Pinterest 

colored pens

These will be very helpful for your note-taking and studies. Just this Sunday, I wanted to colorized a diagram to visualize it fully, and I remembered I had some in my backpack. So, I pulled those bad boys out and had a little mental dance party. 

painkillers 

For days when we feel like we’re dying from tension headaches, having these will have you prepared to combat those painful headaches.

tissues and napkins 

Not only are these life savers for days you have a runny nose, but they’re great for when you have to wipe off something from a table or to fix your smudged lipstick.

lotion 

Keep your skin hydrated and moisturized in those chilled classrooms. Prevent cracked and dry skin by carrying a small bottle. I always remember to have one in my bag and have a (good) habit of taking it out at least 3 times a day when in school.

eyedrops 

For our contact user and our non-contact users, having an eye drop bottle is a blessing. When I used to wear my contacts, I always made sure to carry a bottle to keep myself from having dry contacts. For those who don’t wear contacts, sometimes you can have red and irritated eyes from staring at electronics all day. Give your eyes a few drops and a restful break to keep them healthy! 

Photo from Pinterest

Odalys Diaz

DePaul '21

I am a full time student fascinated by the world of makeup, hair, and many books! My love for nature has me outside just enjoying the air or taking walks to different destinations.