This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at DePaul chapter.

Ah, midterms. It sneaks up on you every quarter. You realize that you are halfway through the quarter already and begin to cry into your Brownstones bagel with extra vegan cream cheese. You have work to get done, and it all feels so overwhelming. There are too many tests to study for than you can recall, and suddenly paper deadlines are in two days. No matter what you’re going through this week, remember that it will all be over soon.

Audrey Hepburn’s facial expressions accurately sum up what midterms week is like, so hopefully you can take a break from studying to laugh a little.

When you suddenly realize midterms week is this week

Staying up late at the library to study

When people at the library are loud and are interrupting your prime procrastination time

Devising a plan to suddenly get “sick” so you don’t have to take any of your midterms

Laying in bed at 1:17 am realizing you can’t fake being sick and do in fact, have to take your midterms

Waking up and pretending everything’s fine before going to take one of your tests

Making eye contact with someone in your class and giving them a small nod to affirm that you are both definitely screwed for the test

When none of the questions are like the review

When there are short answer questions

Knowing you have to finish this test even though you really don’t want to

Suddenly remembering about a paper that’s due at midnight

Kissing your last midterm goodbye as you walk out the door

Leaving campus at the end of the week knowing that you did fine and that midterms are finally over…

But now you have to prepare for finals.

SaveSave

Anna Wolf

DePaul '21

DePaul 2021