This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at DCU chapter.

We’ve all been there, made a new year’s resolution to get fit and healthy but eventually lose motivation. This has happened to me more times than I can count. Knowledge and confidence is the key to staying motivated, YouTube has helped me do this and hopefully it can do the same for you. 

1. Whitney Simmons 

Whitney is one of my favourite fitness youtubers, she makes a wide range of videos as well as posting on her Instagram daily. On her channel you will find workout videos, meal prep, recipes and ‘What I Eat in A Day’ videos and her infamous ‘fit tips with whit’ providing viewers with advice on how to stay on track, how to track macros and other essential tips and tricks us gym goers need. She has workout videos for everyone whether you’re a beginner or expert she’s got you. Her fun loving and can-do personality makes it hard to not take her advice. 

1. Rachel Aust 

Rachel is an Australian fitness, health and lifestyle youtuber making videos on every topic you will ever need to know in your day-to-day life, from organisation tips to workout videos. She is also a qualified nutritionist and has released multiple health and fitness books and co-owns a fitness blog and gym. Her passion and extensive knowledge on nutrition and fitness helps us newbies become more confident and happy whilst working out. 

1. Niomi Smart 

Niomi started out as a ‘beauty guru’ has now progressed into making health and fitness videos. She has a cookbook ‘Eat Smart’ full of easy vegan recipes many of which she features on her channel and blog especially her ‘What I Eat in a Day’ videos. If you’re like me and get bored of eating the same thing everyday or just want to eat healthier by incorporating more veggies into your diet then her channel is a great place to start.  

1. Blogilates 

This is one I’m sure everyone knows or have heard of, she is widely known for her workouts. She was one of the first fitness youtubers I watched, desperately trying to follow along with her alone in my bedroom. Her workouts are hard but also fun and a big bonus is that you can do them anywhere! She has one for everybody so if that’s what you’re on the search for then look no further.  

Filling my subscription box with these positive people has helped me become much more confident in the gym. I now know what to do when I’m there and I know what the right thing to eat is all thanks to these lovely ladies. Hopefully they can spark some motivation in you and in no time, you’ll be on your way to reaching your fitness goals.  Adelaide.murphy29 

Second year English and Media studies student.