Top 10 Things I Wish I Had Time to Do During School

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Davidson chapter.

Theoretically, I could do all of these things on a regular basis while juggling my studies, my work for a political campaign, and my extracurricular activities.

Realistically, I do two of these things in my average school month. It’s not enough.

1) Reading for Pleasure (Not School)

Most of the books I read during the school year are for classes. And it’s sad because I practically grew up in my local library reading fun novels, creative nonfiction, and interesting biographies. Want to know exactly how to do this during the school year? Read Alvia McAtee’s tips here!

2) Exploring the (Queen) City

I don’t get uptown (or even to NoDa) much, which is sad because I work in Charlotte and my boyfriend lives there. Yes, that’s my LinkedIn header!

3) Making Art (Not War)

I used to collage. I don’t anymore.

4) Okay, Making War too

Must remember to bring my nerf guns to school next year. Anyone interested in starting an annual frolics Nerf War in Chambers with me?

5) Going to Museums, Art Galleries and Ethnic Festivals

To experience new sights, sounds, smells, and tastes.

6) Creative Writing

When I was in 8th grade, I wrote a thirty-page novella. Now I only write brief poems. (Shoutout to Exit 30 for publishing them!)

7) Spending Time in Nature

My friend Victor always sends me pictures of flowers and trees and snow and horses and old barns he finds on his outdoor adventures. I am jealous.

8) Keeping Up with Current Events

that I’d look this good reading the newspaper. Also, I would probably be on nytimes.com reading some quality Frank Bruni.

9) Riding My Bike

I brought it all the way from Chicago as I came back from #roadtrip with Jason Wen. I should probably use it.

10) Making Memes

I have too much fun in our #FirstRichBestRich GroupMe.

If you are interested in writing an article for Her Campus Davidson, contact us at davidson@hercampus.com or come to our weekly meeting Tuesday at 8 p.m. in the Morcott Room.

SaveSave

Carlina is a junior Latin American Studies Major and History Minor at Davidson College and the founder of Davidson's Intercultural Dinner Dialogue program. She is Senior Editor and Co-Vice President of Her Campus Davidson. She is passionate about immigrant rights and is working on becoming a better ally to people of color.