Why you should try meditation

My mom really loves to meditate and she kept telling me download the app “Headspace”. I did not follow her advice for awhile until she sent me a 30-day free trial and I finally downloaded the app – and fell in love with it! So, here are 4 reasons why you should try meditation:

1. It is self-care and me-time. Everyone deserves some time for themselves but sometimes, it is difficult to take that time. With Headspace, you can meditate for only one minute a day – or an hour if you do have some time – and it’s just some time to focus on yourself.

2. It frees up your mind. Even if I just take ten minutes out of your day, using this app has helped me feel calmer immediately after meditating.

3. It lowers your stress. As college students, we are constantly stressed but meditation helps calm you down.

4. You can do it pretty much any time wherever you are. Headspace has meditations for a walk in a city or in a forest, for working out, or simply for when you are in a place where you can sit and relax. I personally really like the walking meditation, because it makes me be more aware of your surroundings.