This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CUA chapter.

Senior year, the year that everyone tells you to enjoy it as much as you can. But at the same time, you need to do well so you can get hired or go to grad school. There are constant questions from everyone asking if you know what you are going to do after graduation (especially over the holidays). I don’t know about you, but those questions drove me insane because I hated saying ‘I don’t know’ or ‘I have a couple options such as x, y, and z’. They annoyed me because I hated the reactions to the first answer and then the second answer was just too confusing to even begin to explain. Thankfully, my parents were great buffers and always managed to help out the conversation.

Last Tuesday I got into Fordham University’s MSW program in Lincoln Center. (YAY!!!) When I logged in to see my admission status that day, I could not breathe because I was so nervous. I had no idea what the website was going to say and part of me did not want to know. I was tempted to just not log in and pretend that I never got the email telling me to log on. However, when I saw the words ‘Congratulations!’ I started crying and called my parents immediately. It was one of my happiest moments of the semester so far. I couldn’t wait to tell everyone the news and I even posted it on social media, something I told myself I would not do. I did it anyway though because I was so relieved about my news. 

I don’t know if I want to go to grad school immediately or what I will do with my degree in Social Work, and I still have a couple more locations that I am waiting to hear from. However, I am not longer worried. I feel like a weight has been lifted off of my shoulders. Because I know that no matter what, I have at least option for next year. I finally feel like that I can freely enjoy the rest of the semester before I graduate. 

After living in 3 different countries including 3 different states in the USA, it is no surprise that Roisin Gibbons decided to come to the nation's capitol to pursue a career in Social Work at CUA. Whil she did run away to Australia, her love for DC and the HC family brought her back home. Now a semester away from her senior year, Roisin is a HerCampus CUA writer, Co-President of CSWNA, Active Minds Fundraising Chair, and Marketing Chair for NRHH. Along with that, her own blog and volunteer experiences, she finds time to be a fashionista, singer, adventurer, and model for GUS Vintage Goods in California over school breaks. Roisin hopes to make a difference for victims of human trafficking and alcohol and drug addiction as a Social Worker and believes that her work with communities and blogging has put her ahead of the game.