This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CU Boulder chapter.

Winter is rough on your skin, especially in Colorado. Here are some simple (and cheap) tips to keep you looking dewy and refreshed until summer comes again.

Image from Pinterest

1. Moisturize: Keep your skin hydrated during the dry season with a good moisturizer. This one is reliable and keeps your face hydrated and soft all day.

$8 at Ulta

2. Foundation: Find a foundation that won’t dry your skin out. This is really important. Wearing foundation all the time isn’t good for your skin anyway, but if you have to, find a good one that you don’t have to use very much of. I recommend Wet and Wild Photo Focus.

$5.99 at Ulta

3. Face Masks: About 3 times a week I use a face mask to keep my skin in great condition. There are different types depending on what your skin needs. My favorite low effort face masks are Freeman Feeling Beautiful peel-off masks. The cucumber one is “renewing” which is great for winter skin care.

Image from Pinterest

6 oz tube 4.29 at Ulta

4. Tips: Drink water with lemon in it, it helps to clear your skin. Always take your makeup off before going to bed. If you don’t, it will ruin your complexion. Taking some time to relax and do a face mask is valuable and will pay off. Good luck with keeping your skin healthy through the winter!

Image from Pinterest

Kaitland is the Social Media Director for the chapter. She is a junior here at CU Boulder, studying Communication with minors in Spanish and Media Studies. Journalism is a fun hobby of hers and her favorite things to write about are: fashion, social issues and lifestyle. On campus, Kaitland is part of CMCI and the Dean Scholars. In Boulder you can find her at your local aesthetic coffee shop, trying out cool new restaurants, and saying hi to the local fauna.
Sko Buffs!