This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CU Boulder chapter.

Before quarantine, I was capable of pouring a bowl of cereal and Doordashing Qdoba to my house, but not much else. But during quarantine, I had enough free time to learn a new skill: cooking. Thanks to the TikTok algorithm, my For You Page started to fill with new recipes for me to try, and I ended up finding accounts filled with yummy foods. If you want to try your hand at cooking or you’re just sick of paying Uber Eats fees, you need to be following these accounts.

@cookingwithshereen

Shereen is the cooking mom of TikTok whom everyone both loves and fears for her fast-paced, slightly aggressive, but delicious recipes. This is the account to go to if it’s your turn to cook for the family or if you’re trying to impress someone.

@feastingwithkarina

Karina’s account is relatively small, but she deserves so much recognition for her creative dishes. I never would have imagined watermelon lime sorbet or burrata hemp seed mac and cheese could be THAT good.

@moribyan

The fastest way to someone’s heart is through their stomach, so it’s safe to say I’m in love with this Hajar. I first found her through her copycat Levain cookie recipe, but quickly became obsessed with her restaurant copycat meals. On her page, you can find foods ranging from Panera Bread bagels to Noodles & Co. pesto cavatappi.

@hhealthyweightloss

If you’re trying to stick to a healthy eating or weight loss new year’s goal, this is the account for you.

@scheckeats

If you’ve ever heard of the blog “Collegetown Kitchen”, you know about this account owner, Jeremy Scheck. His account is perfect for college students who want easy, yet flavorful recipes. A couple of my favorites from him are his black bean burgers and pesto pasta.

@mxriyum

My favorite thing about Mariam’s account is that she teaches you how to make all the indulgent foods you probably grew up loving, including Red Lobster’s cheddar biscuits and Olive Garden’s breadsticks. Not only do all these foods come out looking restaurant quality, but they taste that way too.

@justine_snacks

Whenever I came across Justine’s recipes, I thought, “there’s no way this can be good.” I was wrong every single time. This account quickly became a favorite of mine after trying her low country-boiled toast. Whether you’re gluten-free, vegan, or keto, there is something for you on this page. My best advice for any video you click on is to trust the process.

I have TikTok to thank for helping me graduate from a palette of microwavable meals to fresh and flavorful foods. These accounts taught me everything I know about cooking and the most important thing: homemade is always better.

Lexi Riga

CU Boulder '23

Lexi is a sophomore at CU Boulder studying journalism and media production. In her free time, she enjoys cooking anything and everything, finding new local coffee shops, and spending time outdoors.
Sko Buffs!