Anna Schultz-Girl On Computer Stress
Anna Schultz-Girl On Computer Stress
Anna Schultz / Her Campus
This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CU Boulder chapter.

With just one week of classes left, summer is one roadblock away – the dreaded finals. Although it is a very stressful time of year, your tests will go much more smoothly when you are as calm as possible. With that, here are some de-stressing tips to help you survive finals week.

Get enough sleep

Even if you think you are not prepared enough and should pull an all-nighter, please do not. You will not retain the information as well and will make stupid mistakes on the test because you are too tired. What you know the night before is what you are going to know on the test.

Go exercise

When you are feeling extra stressed, take 30 minutes out of your day to hit the gym. Not only will it wake you up and refresh your mind for more studying but the releasing of endorphins will make you happier.

Add comfort food to your diet

I don’t know about you, but when I am stressed or in a bad mood, eating my favorite food always makes me feel better. Order a pizza or go get that chocolate cake you have been craving. The happier you are the more likely you will be to actually sit down and get things done.

Visit the therapy dogs

CU Boulder always has therapy dogs on campus during finals week with the main purpose of destressing students. I have gone and trust me, this is not something you want to miss out on. These furry friends are trained to be calming and will immediately rid you of stress.

Make a summer bucket list

If you think of all of the amazing things you are going to do over the summer it will make finals week worth it. As you study for finals know that in one week you will be sitting by the pool with not a worry in the world.

Make a study calendar

I am always completely overwhelmed by the number of things I need to study for which leads me to skip around and not thoroughly complete each subject. Make an hour by hour calendar for the week before finals. For example, from 2 pm – 3 pm on Monday you will study the first unit of French and then take a 10-minute break, then study for an hour of the first unit of Nutrition, etc.

I hope some of these tips help you prepare for finals and hey, there are three months of no stress in your future. Good luck on finals!

XOXO,

Kelley

Kelley is the Editor-in-Chief of Her Campus CU Boulder. She is currently a senior majoring in journalism and minoring in sports media. In her free time, she likes to workout at her local CrossFit gym, hang out at coffee shops, and explore the mountains.
Sko Buffs!