This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CU Boulder chapter.

There’s nothing that makes Boulder, or any college town, more like your home than finding *that* brunch place. Checking off all of the food hotspots around Boulder is definitely a favorite activity of ours, so when we had the chance to have brunch at Cafe Aion, we simply couldn’t resist. Located on the hill across from The Sink, Cafe Aion is a great hangout with even greater food.

Image of the Cafe Aion menu
Original photo by Maeve Reilly

For starters, the VIBES. There’s nothing like a small set of stairs that leads you to an open floor plan, are we right? We sat at what we would call an *upscale booth arrangement.* What could only be described as a room-length windowsill (Maeve’s favorite type of sill) with Spanish-style pillows, we nestled against the brick wall and were immediately in love. If you’re ready to enjoy the Colorado weather for a few more weeks, the outdoor patio still puts you in the energy of The Hill. Even sitting inside you can feel the fresh Boulder air and see the Spanish and Morrocan inspiration. And when you’re used to your small, shared-with-three-roommates kitchen that has no theme, no aroma, and minimal vibes, this instantly has you ready to dig into the menu.

Kaitlyn, Maeve and Katelynn sitting on a bench in front of the window n the restaurant
Original photo by Emma D\'Arcy

On our visit, we had a variety of brunch options to try. Whether it was the delicious eggs benedict, shakshuka (look it up), or frittata, we all left with heart and bellies full. The egg benedict was perfect, whether it was Katelynn’s version as is with poached eggs or Maeve’s with scrambled. The potatoes were delicious enough to make both Kaitlyn and Emma steal one to try. Whether you’re into an adventurous option like Emma’s choice or something closer to home, all the options were great. See the menu below.

photo of shakshuka and pita bread
Original photo by Emma D\'Arcy

Did you know that Cafe Aion has been on The Hill for almost ten years? We can’t wait to tell you more about the restaurant’s story in an upcoming article. Stay tuned…

Kaitlyn standing in front of fireplace pointing up at the sign for Cafe Aion
Original photo by Emma D\'Arcy

We only had brunch, but we are ready to go back for every other possible meal of the day. Or maybe just a snack. Or the drinks. Or more brunch. Who’s to say?

If you’re looking for your next brunch spot (or photoshoot location?), look no further than 1235 Pennsylvania Ave.! Here are some extra special discount codes for you too: Use ‘Buffs20’ for 20% off takeout at when you order online here. Use ‘Buffs10CA’ for 10% off delivery with HungryBuffs.com 

Maeve Reilly

CU Boulder '21

Maeve is a full-time Events Associate at Her Campus Media. After three amazing years at Her Campus CU Boulder, interning, and being a national writer, she just couldn't get enough HC! She graduated from the University of Colorado Boulder (sko buffs!) in December 2021 with a degree in business.
Katelynn Hughes

CU Boulder '21

Katelynn is currently a senior at CU Boulder, double majoring in Neuroscience and Psychology with a minor in Business. She is an undergraduate student researcher studying alcohol use in adolescence and has worked with public policy around juvenile justice. She currently serves as the Events Director for the CU chapter on the Senior Exec board. In her free time she loves movie nights with her girl squad and cuddling with her poodle.
Kaitlyn Waynick

CU Boulder '22

Strat Comm major with an emphasis in Public Relations and a minor in Leadership. Avid lover of coffee, dogs, Netflix, and travel. Southern-raised but a big mountain girl.
Emma D'Arcy

CU Boulder '22

Emma is a junior at CU Boulder studying Communications, and the Director of Chapter Branding for Her Campus CU Boulder. Outside of school, you can find her at a local coffee shop, the farmers market, or writing her latest article!
Sko Buffs!