harits mustya pratama g4iBHZM sKY unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
harits mustya pratama g4iBHZM sKY unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Conn Coll chapter.

Have you been drowning in homework this past week? I know that I have. With the middle of the semester upon us, the workload seems endless. I constantly feel like I have to be doing work, otherwise, I won’t be able to complete everything in time. Here are a few simple tips to deal with mid-semester stress and hopefully get through these long, grueling weeks ahead before Thanksgiving.

Make To-Do Lists

My desk is cluttered with to-do lists. I am one of those people who attempts to plan out every moment of their day to avoid wasting time. However, a simple list will keep you in check with upcoming assignments, meetings, and activities. I tend to rewrite everything in multiple places so it is more likely to stick in my head. 

Prioritize What is Important

Through the last couple of weeks, I have been swamped with essays and reading assignments – both of which take a significant amount of time to complete. I’ve learned to prioritize what assignments need to be done first and work from there. Early in my day, I like to complete everything due the following day. This usually takes three to four hours, depending on the specific homework. From there, I chunk out my bigger assignments and work for set amounts of time. For example, I set aside 30 minutes one day last week and was able to plan out my entire Sociology essay. Then, all I had to do was write it. I knew exactly what I was going to write before I even sat down thanks to my pre-planning.

Utilize Weekends

College students are known for getting little to no sleep. As much as sleep is enforced, we all know how difficult it is to go to bed at a reasonable hour. Therefore, I recommend using your weekends to get ahead on homework for the week so you can get to bed relatively early on class days. I try to get most of my homework done for Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday so that way I can focus on bigger assignments, long readings, and most importantly be in bed by 11:30. 

Take Time for Yourself

Despite the piles of homework, it is important to set aside some time during the day to focus on you. Do something that you enjoy, talk to someone you love, or find something that makes you happy. Personally, I watch YouTube videos and catch up on my most recent subscriptions. I also enjoy talking to my friends back home. 

Hello! I'm Abby and am a writer for Her Campus MNSU. I am in my third year here at Mankato and pursuing an accounting major. Outside of class, I play for the women's tennis team and enjoy going out with friends.
Her Campus Conn Coll