This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Concordia CA chapter.

For many people, the most exciting day of October is Halloween. For others, it’s just another Wednesday. I cannot pinpoint exactly why I think Halloween is incredibly boring, or why I don’t have an interest in it, but I always felt like the odd one out among my friends who enthusiastically count the days until the 31st. If you don’t enjoy Halloween, don’t celebrate for any reason, or just hate going out, here are some ways you can spend the holiday.

1. Netflix

Although you never need an excuse to binge-watch your favourite show, Halloween can be a reason to. Find a new show, or rewatch your favourite movies!

2. Throw a fall-themed feast

If you want to stay in the spirit of the season but stay away from scary, spend the evening cooking your favourite comfort foods. Bonus points for incorporating cozy flavours such as pumpkin and cinnamon.

3. Get creative

If you’re like me, you save copious amounts of cute DIY projects to your Pinterest but never find the time to make them. Spend Halloween evening getting in touch with your creative side or learn a new crafty hobby!

4. Read a really, really good book

You’re reading all the time for your classes but do you ever find time to read a novel for relaxation? Curl up with some hot cider and find that book you’ve had on your list for months.

5. Get lost in Youtube

You know when you reach for your phone to search for one thing, and end up an hour later looking at something completely irrelevant? Spend the evening on Youtube and give yourself permission to watch all the vlogs, makeup tutorials, and cat videos to your heart’s desire.

6. Have a self-care night

Buy some face masks, make a body scrub, and give yourself a manicure. You can do some yoga for relaxation, make a healthy dinner, listen to your favourite music, or maybe go to bed early and catch up on sleep. Do anything that will make you happier and healthier!

7. Study

Because that is spooky enough in itself.

Sarah Bubenheimer

Concordia CA '22

Sarah Bubenheimer is a fourth year student at Concordia studying Philosophy, Law & Society, and Western Society & Culture. She is a Councillor for the Concordia Student Union and the Academic & Accessibility Coordinator for the Students of Philosophy Association. She is passionate about lattes, lipstick, and philosophy, and can always be found at a cafe listening to Taylor Swift. 
Kami Katopodis

Concordia CA '19

President of HC Concordia • Poet • Major in Human Relations • Minor in Diversity in the Contemporary World •