This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Columbia Chicago chapter.

Picture this: waking up to the sunrise, brewing a nice cup of coffee and lounging around before starting your day. Heck, maybe you even have a little time for a morning vinyasa or The Today Show. If you’re anything like me (a ridiculously over-worked college student – so, you are) this is the absolute opposite of how your mornings go. More than likely, your reality goes like this: you wake up a little too late (or a lot), throw on the same T-shirt and necklace, as always, and proceed to spill your steaming hot coffee all over said T-shirt before running out the door. Leaving you with barely enough time to scarf down a scone in Starbucks while consequently changing into a less-stained version of that same T-shirt.For those of you shaking your head thinking, “Somebody gets me.”, here are some tips to help keep you in bed a little longer and your T-shirt a little cleaner. While I have no doubt that the majority of students stay up until what grown-ups consider early morning, it helps to prepare your morning before your head hits the pillow – or you turn on Netflix.Here’s How:1. #OOTD … at night?Pick out your outfit for the next day. Take out your smartphone, check the weather, and delve deeper into your closet than your “emergency T-shirts” section. (Don’t pretend you don’t have one!)

2. On-the-go, but oh-so-yummy!  With Pinterest, Instagram and so many other visual-based platforms, we are tirelessly subjected to “food porn”. Use this to your advantage, girl! Try and make some breakfast foods that will last a few days. Did someone say muffin-tin egg omeletes? Not only will this save time in the morning, but you’ll most likely be saving calories and cash (– those crossaints add up!)

3.  Get it together, girl!By spending just a few minutes at night packing your book-bag or purse  you can save yourself lots of time and frustration the next morning. Think of how many times you’ve forgotten an umbrella, forgot to bring your best friend her favorite tumbler, or left your headphones on your nightstand! Try getting all your things together in the evening so you can hit that snooze button one more time without stressing!

With these simple, yet effective, changes to your evening routine, you’re sure to have a less stressful morning and a more successful day!

Gianna Marie

Columbia Chicago

Gianna Marie is a full-time journalism student, full-time Starbucks addict. She hopes to one day soon be an editor clicking her heels together under a desk at the likes of Marie Claire magazine. Red pen in hand, red soles on her feet.
Columbia College Chicago