Style > Beauty

100% Pure: Why You Should Become A Purist

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Columbia Chicago chapter.

As a college student constantly under a lot of stress, my face is prone to breakouts. Those four years of high school were worse. I had tried many different kinds of skin care routines and products, but nothing seemed to work; the facial cleansers I hadn’t tried had parabens and other harsh chemicals that I didn’t want to put on my skin. I was starting to accept my fate until my grandma introduced me to 100% Pure’s anti-acne line, a company whose products are 100% natural, 100% organic and vegan, with no chemicals AND no unnecessary ingredients. The day I became 100% Pure changed my life and my skin hasn’t been this clear in years!

Below is a collection of the anti-acne line, along with some of my other all-time favorite products. All images courtesy to 100% Pure.

Anti-Acne Sheet Mask

These are my go-to masks for my weekly spa days. It helps fight breakouts and lightens my skin. $6.00.

Tea Tree & Willow Clarifying Cleanser and Tea Tree & Willow Clarifying Astringent

Part of the anti-acne line, the cleanser helps clear out pores and the toner fights future breakouts and leaves skin feeling fresh. $34.00 and $42.00, respectively.

Hydra Drench Cream

This is my favorite lotion that I use morning and night. It helps soften my skin and hydrates the dry patches on my face. $46.00.

Rose Micellar Cleansing Water

I absolutely love anything and everything with rose water. This micellar water is the best to help get rid of excess makeup and dirt, and surprisingly leaves skin feeling super soft. $32.00.

Konjac Sponge: Charcoal

I don’t use the sponge too often, however, I love to use this instead of a facial brush when washing my face. My skin is sensitive and this sponge is more gentle than a brush. $15.00.

Better Naked Palette and Powder Foundation

I don’t usually wear makeup, but for special occasions and sometimes on my days when I’m off to work, my go-to’s are the Better Naked Eyeshadow Palette (can also be used for blush) and the powder foundation, which has great coverage without looking cakey. 100% Pure’s makeup is fruit-pigmented which is a great healthy option for your skin. $55.00 and $45.00, respectively.

Grow More Shampoo and Conditioner

These two are new to my routine, but for those of you who also suffer from extreme shedding (or who are looking for something to help their hair grow faster), I definitely recommend the Grow More shampoo and conditioner. Plus, they smell amazing! $34.00 and $34.00, respectively.

Aley Blanchard

Columbia Chicago '21

Just a Michigan girl in an Illinois world. Currently a student at Columbia College Chicago, majoring in interior architecture. Go Blue!
Melanie Medrano

Columbia Chicago '21

A music-enthused entertainment journalist who wants to share her voice with the world - one article at a time.