5 Great Summer Jobs/Internships That Pay!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Colby chapter.

I don’t know about all of you, but I’ve been having a lot of trouble figuring out what to do this summer other than spend every waking minute on the beach catching generous amounts of tanning time. Everyone keeps saying, “you’re only a freshman, you don’t need an internship yet,” but I feel like by now I should have invented the next Facebook or something. So, I decided to dig deeper into the search for job and internship opportunities. I haven’t yet found my passion, but I figure I’ll get there if I just start doing stuff!

With that, here are some possible ideas for internships/jobs to help you get started!

1.    Newsweek Magazine
 Internship

2.    Donna Karan Internship
 To apply for an internship with Donna Karan, send a resume and cover letter stating your area of interest to Human Resources/Internships. For more information regarding student internships at Donna Karan, call them at (212) 789-1643.

3.    Lifeguard – its so easy to get certified! 

4.    Waitress at a local restaurant. You’ll make a ton in tips!!!

5.    Camp Counselor – who doesn’t love cute kids!!! 

Natalie Goodman is a sophomore at Colby with a double major in Government and French. Outside of class, she is a member of the French club, the theater club, and the Hillel on campus. She is in love with makeup, chocolate, and salt and vinegar Cape Cod potato chips.