This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CNU chapter.

Finals week can be an extremely stressful time for most students. You basically have to relearn a whole course’s content in a matter of a week or so for all of your courses. It’s not easy, and sometimes it’s not even a fair assessment of your ability to learn. It’s easy to feel frustrated with yourself and your position during finals week, but it’s important to remember the little things in life that you can be grateful for. For me, using these things puts my situation into perspective, and reminds me to breathe. Grades are absolutely not everything. In a world that puts so much pressure on you to get a certain grade, reach a certain number, get a certain score, it seems like its everything. But it’s not. You are a person individual of your score on an exam or the grade on your paper, and looking at things this way makes it easier to be grateful for the things that you do have in your life. 

Your Education

Okay, yes, it’s also the source of stress right now, but think of how many doors it will open up for you in the future. It’s easy to forget that going to school is a privilege, not a right, especially when it feels like a chore instead of an opportunity, but think about how much you are gaining for your education.

Your Support System

Now is the time to thank mom and dad/grandma and grandpa/whomever is in your life that has supported your through all of the rough times in your life to get you to this point. For me, it really is everyone in my family. None of my education would be possible without the drive that my grandparents instilled in me, the long FaceTime calls with my parents when I feel like I’m not good enough, or my brothers for sending me funny videos (even when they interrupt my studying) and checking in on me when they know I’m stressed.

Your Friends

Whether or not they’re on campus, your friends have definitely impacted your story and your growth. My friends are incredible people who motivate me through my courses and constantly prove to me that people believe in me, and also expect the best from me but always in a positive and encouraging way. 

Yourself!

It’s so easy to feel like you aren’t capable or worthy during finals week, especially when it seems like grades are everything and you are surrounded by people who may seem smarter, more driven, or more motivated than you. But you are smart, you are motivated, and you are doing something to invest in your future and you should be proud of yourself for making the time for this! Even if it never really felt like a choice, you are pursuing an education and that is not something to be overlooked. You made a decision to come to school, and future you will definitely thank you for the afternoon you spent in the library!

likes: writing dislikes: 8am classes