jen theodore 1bTDrEEhqig unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
jen theodore 1bTDrEEhqig unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Unsplash

Four Novels with Fierce Female Protagonists

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CNU chapter.

Everyone loves reading a strong, fierce, independent lead in a book nowadays. Here I’ve provided a list of a few of my most recent and favorite novels with strong female protagonists. 

Stalking Jack the Ripper by Kerri Maniscalo 

This book series is absolutely brilliant and the main protagonist, Audrey is a thrill to read and encourage throughout the series. Fiercely independent, strong, intelligent, and wickedly sarcastic, this series is one you cannot put down. 

The Year of the Witching by Alexis Henderson

A feminist fantasy novel revolving around Immanuelle Moore, a young woman who learns the dark secrets of her town and the witches which surround its history. For those who read Atwood’s The Handmaid’s Tale and those who wish to understand more in the persecution of women and witches throughout history through a new lens. 

Circe by Madeline Miller

No one should refuse to read a Madeline Miller book and I stand by that full-heartedly. I’ve loved this woman’s writing (yes even before Tiktok made her famous) and the lens she looks through in all of her novels. A must-read, don’t even ask any questions. 

The Silence of the Girls by Pat Barker

Yet another style novel similar to Miller’s works and based on the famous Epics of centuries ago but now rewritten through the female perspective. Here we have a novel that plays out the events of the Trojan War as seen through Briseis’s eyes, Achilles’s concubine. 

I encourage all to immediately run to Barnes and Noble and grab these suckers asap. Please comment below a list of your favorite female leading fantasy/fictional novels or authors!!! 

Hey all! My name is Monica and I'm currently a senior at CNU dual majoring in History and English Literature. Most likely you're going to catch me on campus stressed, binging House or Criminal Minds or hanging out with my roommates and watching horrible movies, fixing family dinners, and wasting all my money at Barnes and Noble.