This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CNU chapter.

One thing we as a society have learned over the past couple of years (thanks to book-tok!) is that hot girls read! Finding time to curl up with a good book is an excellent way to provide yourself with some downtime and get super cozy and relaxed. Reading before bed is such a good self-care habit to get into as well! So if you are in the market for some new books, here are five books I think you should add to your TBR (To-Be-Read) List…

1) Love and other words

Love and Other Words by Christina Lauren was the most recent book I finished and I literally could not put it down. Lauren’s ability to demonstrate the itty-bitty nuances of the main characters, Macy and Elliot’s, relationship was breathtaking and made this such a personal, heartbreaking, and beautiful read. It features loss, second chances, and an epic friends-to-lovers trope. This book digs deep and is personally one of my new favorites, I am already looking forward to re-reading it. So if you’re in the market for a heart-wrenching, fall-love story with all the cozy vibes, Love and Other Words may be for you! Here’s a link to purchase.

2) Summer of salt

If you’re a fan of movies such as Practical Magic or Bewitched, Summer of Salt by Katrina Leno may be something you’d enjoy! I found this book at a thrift store, so I honestly wasn’t expecting to enjoy it as much as I did. The book is a coming-of-age story that also features generational magic and a private island (insert heart eyes emoji here)! Honestly, it is heartbreaking and sad but written in such a beautiful, meaningful way. Summer of Salt is a story of sisterly love, overcoming adversity, and growing up and I personally thoroughly enjoyed it. Here is a link to purchase.

3) Every summer after

If you like The Summer I Turned Pretty series by Jenny Han, or if you want to read the Summer version of the previously mentioned, Love and Other Words, Every Summer After by Carley Fortune might be a book you’d enjoy. This book features a perfectly executed friends-to-lovers trope. Every Summer After is a book about second chances, growing up, and friendship. I thoroughly enjoyed this book and will likely be reading it again. Fortune’s writing is beautiful and easy to read; this was one of those books that I just couldn’t put down. If this interests you, here is a link to buy.

4) The summer of broken rules

Swifties, this one is for you: this book’s author wrote her book around Taylor’s discography! The Summer of Broken Rules by K.L. Walther is again another summer love story similar to Jenny Han’s The Summer I Turned Pretty (Can you tell I’m consistent?). The book takes place on Martha’s Vineyard and gives all the coastal-grandmother vibes. It features a wedding, family competition, loss, and new love. The Summer of Broken Rules is one of my all-time favorite reads because of its easy-to-read nature while remaining emotionally complex. If you are interested in The Summer of Broken Rules, here is a link to purchase.

5) The way I used to be

The Way I Used to Be by Amber Smith is one of those books I read that has stayed with me ever since. Smith writes of the main character, Eden’s, tragic and traumatic life with such grace and attention to detail. It is a tragic coming-of-age story with a series of very detailed character arcs. I will say that this book certainly is not for everyone (it is important to note that this book features a sexual-assault storyline), but if you are wanting to read a heartbreaking, over-comer story, The Way I Used to Be may be for you. Here is the link to purchase.

Brynne is a current Freshman at Christopher Newport University. She enjoys trips to Barnes & Noble and is totally open to debate who the superior member of One Direction is!