harits mustya pratama g4iBHZM sKY unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
harits mustya pratama g4iBHZM sKY unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Clemson chapter.

1. Do a Face Mask

Because there’s just something about the feeling of doing something good for your skin. There’s a good chance some of those impurities and toxins came from stress—so get them out, girl!

2. Paint Your Nails

“Look good, feel good,” right?

3. Keep a Journal

This is perhaps one of the most underrated destressing tips. I am a firm believer in reflecting on highs and lows and keeping track of a few things you are thankful for each day. This can serve as a great reference point on days when you feel so stressed and overwhelmed that it can be difficult to see all the wonderful things in your life.

4. Take a Nap 

Because sometimes you just need to totally tune everything out and recharge. Relax and sleep, but try to limit yourself to about 30 minutes to one hour to prevent feeling groggy or sluggish.

5. Drink Hot Tea

Even if you are not a big fan of tea, I encourage you to drink something hot to help you relax. Often, I simply drink hot water with honey and/or lemon.

6. Light a Candle

Make sure it’s a pleasant-smelling one, of course. The aroma from a candle can help create a Zen environment, and even just the look of it has a peaceful aesthetic appeal.

7. Work Out

Science shows the positive effects of endorphins that are released from a workout. However, make sure you are doing a workout you ENJOY! A great way to try new, fun workouts is to attend group fitness classes. (Pssst…check out the fun classes Clemson Campus Recreation has to offer through Fike and Douthit Hills!)

8. Use a Hair Mask

Because when you run your fingers through your luscious locks, you’ll be thinking, “too blessed to be stressed.”

9. Talk to Someone

In person, FaceTime, phone call—just talk to someone who knows you! When we become stressed, it can be easy to let things be blown out of proportion in our minds. Perhaps when we talk it out, our source of stress won’t seem as big or ominous. However, if it still does, then we have someone there to listen.

10. Know Your Self-Worth

Life can get very stressful, so always keep your perspective. Remember that in the grand scheme of things, many of our day-to-day worries are rather insignificant. Always put your best foot forward and love yourself through every strength and every weakness.

“No one is you, and that is your superpower.” ~Elyse Santilli

Kate Freed

Clemson '21

Hi! My name is Kate Freed and I'm from Raleigh, NC. I'm a sophomore Communication major at Clemson University. I love all things fitness, food, and fashion. I teach kickboxing and barre and am passionate about motivating others to be their best selves.
Hannah Fanset

Clemson '21

Hi, Everyone! I'm Hannah Fanset. I'm a sophomore from Rochester, NY, and I'm majoring in psychology and management. My favorite things are books, movies, traveling, eating good food and laughing way too loud.