How to Start Prepping for Finals Week

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Clemson chapter.

Finals week is coming soon, and we want to help you prepare!

1. Check Syllabus

This is the perfect time to read back through each course syllabus. The syllabus will give you the time and date of your final as well as some details on what to expect (cumulative or not, scantron or written, etc.). You’ll be able to tailor your studying to best prepare for the final and to utilize your time.

2. Look through Gradebook

Before the craziness of finals week, go back through your grades in each course to make sure that they are accurate. Your professors will be much more willing to help you out if there is a mistake if you don’t wait until finals week to meet with them to bring it up.

3. Organize Notes/Study Material

Now that you know what your finals will look like, it’s time to organize and to strategize how to study for them. If it’s a cumulative exam, compile your old study guides. If it’s all fact base, begin to create notecards for yourself. Make sure you feel comfortable that you have covered all the necessary material.

4. Plan a Study Schedule

We have ten days until finals start. Make sure you utilize this time well by planning your work and working your plan! If you block out time each day to study, you will be less likely to scramble come finals week.

5. Breathe

Finals week is not the end-all, be-all of college. Yes, it’s stressful especially when your final grade is bordering between two letter grades. Take some time to relax this weekend and reenergize. Studying is important but so is sleep and your sanity!

We hope these tips help, and Her Campus Clemson wishes you good luck on finals! You got this <3

Caitlin Barkley is currently a senior at Clemson University pursuing a degree in both Biology and Psychology. In 2016-2017, she served as the Campus Correspondent and Editor-in-Chief for Her Campus Clemson after joining her freshman year. She is also an ambassador with the Calhoun Honors College, a teacher with Clemson Dancers, and a member of Tiger Strut Dance Company. Caitlin is a colonizing member of the South Carolina Beta Chapter of Pi Beta Phi, and she serves as the current Chapter President. A few of her favorite things include coffee, her Clemson ring, and fuzzy blankets! Follow her on Instagram @c_barkley19