This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Clemson chapter.

During this week of self-love, I would like to bring attention to one of the biggest insecurities I believe most people face and how I’ve handled it. Chronic acne, for me, and for many others who have suffered from it, is, to say the least, embarrassing. Since the eighth grade I have struggled with chronic acne and though mine wasn’t as bad as some cases, it was enough to ruin my self confidence and to bring me to tears on multiple occasions. There were times when I didn’t want to leave the house, times when even my own mom told me she wouldn’t go out looking like I did. Even this past summer, I spent a good amount of days crying at my senior beach week about how awful my skin was and worrying that everyone would judge me for it.

I had tried nearly every product to treat my skin ranging from ProActive, Epiduo, Retinol-A, antibacterials prescribed by my doctor, and a plethora of face masks, washes, and scrubs. None of these worked for me. It wasn’t until this semester at Clemson that I started washing my face with a simple bar of Dove sensitive skin soap. My skin has cleared up infinitely, to the point where I don’t even like to wear makeup anymore because I want to show off my skin. With that being said, I believe that the best option is to avoid products with harsh chemicals and to stick to more natural products such as unscented bars of soap and moisturizers. Here are the links to the soaps I use for my face and body,

Dove White Bar 3 count for less than $4

Dove Sensitive Skin Bar 3 count for less than $4

I would also like to point out how important self-love is. Love yourself not despite of your “flaws”, but because of them. Be comfortable in your skin, you are beautiful. Remember that being beautiful isn’t necessarily about looks, but actions and attitude. Stay positive, stay happy, stay beautiful inside and out.

**Photo Comparison: Summer ’17 vs. February ’18

Devin Orr

Clemson '21

My name is Devin Orr and I am a junior at Clemson University. I currently work for Clemson Study Abroad and I am interning with the Water Resource Center. My major is Environmental and Natural Resources and minor is Sustainability. It took me awhile to land on a major I'm passionate about, but I finally have and I hope my articles inspire you to do the same! 
Hannah Fanset

Clemson '21

Hi, Everyone! I'm Hannah Fanset. I'm a sophomore from Rochester, NY, and I'm majoring in psychology and management. My favorite things are books, movies, traveling, eating good food and laughing way too loud.