This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Clark chapter.

If you didn’t already notice everyone on campus is sick!  Cold season is definitely upon us and the sudden change in temperature is not helping.  If you are feeling under the weather, follow these tips to get back to health asap.

1.      Drink tea

This is the time to steal all the tea from the caf.  To really help with your sore throat, load up on honey.  If the caf honey isn’t cutting it, then check out the honey sold by the Local Root on Wednesdays!

2.      Avoid Sharing Germs

Maybe avoid kissing and sharing beverages as much as possible when you’re sick or if someone you know if sick.  It’s just a recipe for disaster.

3.      Eat Soup and Load Up on Veggies

Chow down on anti-inflammatory foods and eat plenty of veggies.  The caf is always serving soup so you should check out the flavor of the day!

4.      Get Your Vitamin C

`            

Vitamin C is your best friend when you’re sick.  If you don’t get enough naturally, take a supplement.  They are available over the counter at CVS, Big Y, and more!

5.      Rest Up

Running yourself ragged is not going to help you heal.  Make sure to get plenty of rest when you can.

6.      Take a Hot Shower

In the morning or evening after classes, take a hot shower to clear out your sinuses.

7.      Wash Your Hands and Sanitize

With all these sicknesses going around campus, but sure to keep your hands clean by washing them and carrying hand sanitizer with you.

8.      Eucalyptus Essential Oil

If you can get some of this, out it on a hot cloth and allow it to naturally clear your sinuses.

Get well soon, collegiettes!

Alexis is a student at Clark University studying Spanish and Political Science. When she's not at the library you can find her watching Netflix (probably Bones or The Office), on the elliptical, on KJP's instagram, or reading the news. She's passionate about politics, travel, and fashion. Her goals for the future include getting a job after graduation and trying to live the ideal New England lifestyle. Alexis is very excited to be a new Campus Correspondent along with Annabelle Merlin. HCXO!
Monica Sager is a freelance writer from Clark University, where she is pursuing a double major in psychology and self-designed journalism with a minor in English. She wants to become an investigative journalist to combat and highlight humanitarian issues. Monica has previously been published in The Pottstown Mercury, The Week UK, Worcester Telegram and Gazette and even The Boston Globe. Read more of Monica’s previous work on her Twitter @MonicaSager3.
"If your face is swollen from the severe beatings of life, smile and pretend to be a fat man." Chris Cleave
Julia is a recent graduate of Clark University who loves reading, writing, and entertainment in any form. You can usually find her obsessing over a new show or movie. She shamelessly loves pop music and pop culture in general and her dog Izzie.
Zoe is a student at Clark University who enjoys reading trashy teen fiction and singing loudly to her roommate. She is a southern transplant who is still getting used to life in New England. She loves political comedy (Samantha Bee) and listening to audiobooks.