This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Clark chapter.

** This article is by Michelle Xie 

Is it just me or does this semester feel extra long?

At this point, we are amid midterms, and yet there are still two full months left of classes. If that doesn’t scream exhausting, then I don’t know what does. In addition to that, we don’t even get a real spring break, but rather a couple of sporadic “Wellness Days.”

While it’s great that we are given a couple of days throughout the semester to unwind and relax, one day is simply not enough. For some of us, that one day can’t even be used as an actual “wellness day” due to exams or assignments that due the next day.

So what can we do about this?

Plan Ahead 

One thing that you (and I) could do is try planning ahead. Be ahead of your work or figure what you need to get done by the next wellness day. Doing so may allow you to be more relaxed when the time comes.

Give Yourself At Least an Hour or Two

If you were like me during the last Wellness Day and had an exam the next day, then the next best thing to do is just give yourself an hour or two to relax and focus on self-care before resuming studying and homework.

Postpone Your Wellness Day

Another option is to postpone your Wellness Day to a time that works better with your schedule if you really cannot spend a couple of hours relaxing.

There may still be two more months of classes left this semester, but we’ve got this! Just make sure to find the time to focus on self-care and take the time to let your mind and body rest. In the meantime, we have two more Wellness Days to look forward to. Hopefully, everyone will be able to enjoy it to some extent!

Joy is a senior at Clark University majoring in Management on a data analytics and marketing track with a minor in Community Youth and Education Studies. She loves going on road trips and spending time with family and friends. She enjoys trying various cultural cuisines (Indian food is her favorite **Chicken saag with a side of naan please**) and has an obsession with going to Morocco.