Anna Schultz-Girl On Computer Stress
Anna Schultz-Girl On Computer Stress
Anna Schultz / Her Campus
Wellness > Mental Health

6 Ways to Manage your Stress

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Clark chapter.

Today, it seems that more and more college students are dealing with issues of mental health. Here’s a list of tips for how to cope with stress and anxiety. 

Speak to a professional

First thing’s first, don’t rely solely on listicles. I’m not a professional. I’m not even a psych major. If you’re having issues with anxiety, depression, or other mental health problems, contact your school’s counseling services or talk to your doctor. 

Try Meditation

There are lots of aps and free ways to try meditation in a way that’s not intimidating. 

Read

You spend most of your time doing readings for classes and homework, take some time to read some of what you enjoy instead. 

Binge Watch

Watch something cheery or upbeat, I recommend Nailed It or Great British Bake Off. 

Listen to a Podcast

Approximately 9 billion podcasts exists, find one that makes you happy. 

Breathe

Feel your feet on the ground. Sit up straight. List five things that you see, four things you are touching, three things you hear, and two things you can taste or smell. Repeat as often as necessary. 

This article was inspired by Clark University’s Beneath the Surface, a collection of original monologues written and performed by Clark Students. 

She is a Junior and majoring in International Development and Social Change. PC: Rose Wine Photography