I Get By With Some Help From My Friends

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Clarion chapter.

College can be an incredibly stressful time.  

Often, I feel like I’m drowning in homework, essays, and tests.  I feel like I can’t escape the stress and anxiety of schools. The biggest thing that gives me happiness in my life these days are my friends.  I couldn’t get by without them. Sometimes just spending an hour or two laughing and ranting with friends is more therapeutic to me than anything else.

Over spring break, I was able to meet up with several of my friends from high school.  It was the happiest I’ve been in a long time. Being able to escape my schoolwork was good for me and escaping with my friends made it even better.  We didn’t even have to do anything super exciting. We didn’t go to a beach or on an elaborate vacation. We just spent time together eating ice cream and catching up.  

Coming back to college this week seemed intimidating, but I just thought about all of the amazing friends I have here at school too.  They are my source of happiness and sanity.

I have a lot of anxiety and stress in my life but I know that my friends, old and new, will always be my sunshine in the storm and help me get through anything.