Fitness Isn’t Just Physical

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Clarion chapter.

Every time you think about fitness, you probably think about physical activity/working out. Fitness is so much more than just getting physically fit. To me, being physically fit isn’t the most important aspect of fitness. The most important aspect to me is being mentally/emotionally fit.

Emotional fitness is important because it’s how you feel, meaning how you feel about yourself and how you control all of your emotions. Everyone knows how you feel throughout the day will affect how your day goes. When you feel good about yourself, it takes a weight off your shoulders and gives your day a great start. You should always try to be positive throughout the day and give yourself pep talks. I always give myself small reminders and pep talks, especially when I am stressed out to the max. When you’re stressed out, it helps to take a step back and just take a deep breath. Every once in a while, bad news will strike, but it’s how you deal with bad news that shows how emotionally fit you are. Bad news does not last forever.

Remember, it’s okay to take a break from school work or anything else that stresses you out. There will always be work, chores, or running errands to do in life, so take a breath once in a while and enjoy life.