The Easiest Chili Recipe for a Cool Fall Day

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Cincinnati chapter.

Doesn’t a nice, warm home-cooked meal hit the spot on a cold day? Are you looking for an easy recipe to impress your friends or family? If you like chili, then this turkey chili recipe is perfect. My mom taught me this recipe, and if I can do it, anyone can. And it only takes about 30 minutes, so you can make it any night of the week! Seriously. I made it for my roommates just the other night!

Ingredients

1 lb of ground turkey

1/2 white onion

1 packet Brooks Original Chili Seasoning Mix

1 can diced tomatoes

1 can kidney beans

2 tbsp canola oil

Water or unsalted meat or vegetable stock as needed

Salt and pepper to taste

Directions

1. Brown 1 lb of ground turkey in a large pot with a neutral oil on medium-high heat, breaking up the meat with a wooden spatula.

2. While the meat is cooking, dice the white onion, add to the pot and stir.

3. Once the meat is browned and the onions are translucent, add the Brooks Original Chili Seasoning Mix packet and stir.

4. Add the diced tomatoes and the kidney beans without draining the cans.

5. Stir until everything is mixed well and add water or a splash of unsalted stock as needed.

6. Finish seasoning, adding salt, pepper or anything else you would like to taste.

7. Simmer until desired thickness is achieved and serve with shredded cheese, sour cream, green onion, etc!

And there you have it! A super easy chili recipe for a nice, cool day. This recipe is excellent because since it is so simple, you can add whatever you want! Throw in some vegetables that you like, substitute kidney beans for black beans, add any spices you want or get some saltine crackers and dip them in! There are so many possibilities for this great fall recipe.

Katherine Donaghy

Cincinnati '24

Katherine is a Fine Arts major at the University of Cincinnati’s DAAP Program. She loves art, music, the environment, and staying up to date on current events.