spring flowers pink summer warm weather season color bloom beautiful trees flowers life happy bright fun outside outdoors calm
Jackie Ryan / Her Campus
Wellness

The Spring Break Agenda: 3 Ideas on How to Spend It

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Chapel Hill chapter.

Depending on when you are reading this, either Spring Break is just around the corner, or it is finally here. We made it! While it may still be busy for some of us as we play catch up, I hope we all still take some time to decompress from hitting the ground running back when this semester started. Aside from the usual plans of going on a trip to a place where the weather is nicer as the days continue to warm up, here are some fun ideas on how to spend this break for those of us who will be traveling back to our hometowns, or those who are not leaving and will just take time to have more relaxed days at home.

Have a dance party

Yup, you read that right. One of the things that I have missed the most through the never-ending deadlines is having the time to be silly and do a solo dance party without worrying about trying to make my dancing great (since I cannot dance to save my life). Plus, as I am traveling back to my hometown for a break, I do not have to worry about annoying any of my neighbors. So fine-tune your dance playlist, maybe learn some new dance routines, and have fun!

Have a spa night

One of the things that gets put on the bottom of my list of things to do when I am super busy during the semester is my skincare routine. While I could make time to do it, I always choose to sleep more than to wake up earlier to give me some room to do it. Therefore, I am looking forward to taking the time to relax as I pamper myself and listen to soothing music as I do so. So, prepare those face masks, and let yourself feel comfort in every moment.

Declutter

The dreaded spring cleaning, but I am actually quite excited to take some time to organize all the things I have accumulated since the semester started that I have haphazardly thrown around, or shoved in a corner that I have not touched since I acquired the item. Back home, my room is currently being remodeled, so I am also looking forward to making some progress on what I want it to transform into. In terms of addressing your wardrobe, one of the popular methods to declutter is the KonMari Method. One of the tips offered by this method is letting go of things that no longer spark joy, but if you are anything like me, certain things that have a specific memory attached to it could still take up space if you do not wear it anymore. In this case, I would modify this step by saying that for these items, you could have a special drawer or section of your closet for these memories, and over time, you might forget how you felt about what you might have considered your favorite t-shirt because you wore it a lot, and now you will have the motivation to remove it from your collection.

These are just some quick ideas on how to fill up your time, but there are other ways to spend this break. However, the most important thing is that I hope you all take time to take care of yourselves in whatever way you need. Have a safe break everyone!

Teresa Ruiz Vazquez

Chapel Hill '23

Teresa Ruiz Vazquez is a senior at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill studying English and Political Science.