Wellness > Health

Here Are 4 YouTubers That Will Have You Feeling ‘#QuaranFINE’

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CAU chapter.

Before this thing called life did a 180 on us, specifically because of Miss COVID-19, time seemed to be extremely limited. The balance of working, attending classes, being involved on campus, while still developing into my responsibilities as an adult was difficult. Although, it was manageable  – as long as I stayed on this revolving schedule. I never had much time to eat, sleep, or simply workout like I needed to. 

The only positive factor – a very slim positive might I add – is my ability to optimize the time that I’ve never had before. I had a very active childhood and I’m definitely grateful for that now. Since entering college, this activity has decreased a little too much and it’s starting to show. 

You’ve probably seen all the various hobbies and habits that many have recommended to survive the quarantine. In fact, you’re probably tired of seeing it. However, why not be inspired and take advantage of this time? Here’s my advice: get up and do something! My second piece of advice: get up and work out with these four YouTubers. Let’s embark on a journey of #QuaranFINE. 

Todd Kent

1. Johanna (growwithjo)

To start the list is a woman named Johanna. She is a fitness influencer based in Toronto and even went to college to study Kinesiology. Now, my typical search for inspiring fitness enthusiasts starts with a quick glance at their curated playlist. Johanna’s playlists featured one titled “Pregnancy Series.” I instantly was intrigued. And, no mom I am not pregnant nor plan to be, but if a pregnant woman can take the time to work out, then I definitely can! By knowing the willpower it took Johanna to make the series while her emotions were high for nine months, I am able to struggle through my once-a-month hormone roller coaster. – If you know what I mean.

Website: https://growwithjo.ca/

2. Chloe Ting 

Chloe Ting is based all the way in Australia but her influence has reached millions internationally. Out of all the four YouTubers, she is the only one who offers whole programs that are free. That alone is what attracted me to her. Plus, her personality is to die for! Chloe can make me actually want to work out consistently, which is rare. 

Website: https://www.chloeting.com/program/

Tennis Shoes And Water Bottle
Her Campus Media

3. Koboko Olaosebikan (Koboko Fitness)

Next up is Koboko Olaosebikan, a certified fitness trainer who graduated from Stanford! My favorite element of Koboko Fitness is the convenience of an app! This woman is the only one out of the four who prides herself on this type of convenience. I mean it even says it on her website. Unfortunately, there is a price for this luxury. In order to fully benefit from her programs, you either subscribe annually or monthly. 

Website: https://www.kobokofitness.com/

4. Toni Mitchell 

Last, but not least is Toni Mitchell. As the rest of the girls, Toni creates various workout videos. However, the key that sets her apart is her vegan lifestyle. From meal prepping to quick snacks, she has it all. More importantly, she gives a variety of meals that makes it easy for anyone, animal-consumers included, to find a recipe they love! 

Website: https://www.instagram.com/toningtoni/

There are thousands of other YouTubers who are phenomenal as well, nonetheless, these are the top four that have resonated with me. The name of each influencer also serves as the direct link to their YouTube channels. Take the time to check them out yourself and tell me how your first #QuaranFINE session goes!

Da'Zhane Johnson is a Junior at Clark Atlanta University. She often finds herself eagerly waiting in a Starbucks line, or happily looking for new coffee orders to add to her collection. Her major is Mass Media Arts with a hard concentration in journalism, so in her spare time, she's usually writing. To read more of her articles, check her out on Instagram @bydazh!