The semester is ending! #5 self-care things to do and make this period lighter

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Casper Libero chapter.

Half the year has already been and…Wow. What a semester! A lot of good things, a lot of shared things, and a lot of learning. And with that, a lot has happened, and every single thing you do – don’t matter how small it is, in your view –  demands a lot of your energy. Sometimes, with so many things to think and worry about, it is difficult to relax and rest the body and, especially, the mind

But we need to understand that the world does not always need our care to function. Sometimes we just need to dedicate this care to ourselves. After all, nothing goes right if the world is okay and you are in chaos. The whole balance of life begins and ends in you. Therefore, even in the rush of everyday life, it is essential that you have a time of your own.  

We need to change the idea that self-care is a luxury and redefine it as a necessity. It doesn’t matter if it is something big like a trip, or something simple like a meal that makes you happy, you have to do something that gives you gas to face the whole week. And as much organized as you are, we all know that the end of the semester is crazy. So, we separated some self-care suggestions to help you relax and get through this moment as smoothly as possible. Here are five tips for you to practice during the five days of the week and take time for yourself. Let ‘s do this?

Identify emotions

Many people think that self-care is allowing yourself to hang out with friends, travel, meet other people, dance, socialize. And really, it is. But we must not forget that everything – including self-care – starts from the inside out. Therefore, our first gesture of care begins with the identification of our emotions. 

It is important to define what feeling certain situations awaken in us. You can associate it with our emotions. For example: think about a situation and identify if that makes you happy, sad, angry, in love.. It’s simple, but identifying emotions is really important for you to understand more about yourself, your wishes and mainly, your limits. Remember: much of who you are, it’s because of your feelings, so, instead of ignoring them, understand and embrace them. To feel is a gift. :)

Prioritize

After defining and understanding your emotions, let’s go to step 2: define your priorities. Certainly, when you are immersed in work and demands, it is difficult to stop and organize yourself, so prioritize that. Identify the deadlines to be met, and how you can fit that task into your schedule.  What we need to understand and accept is that we won’t be able to do everything at once – and it’s ok. Write your routine on paper to visualize it better and add what you need to do. As silly as it sounds, this helps A LOT! And remember that sometimes, the time you spend worrying about how to do it is the same time you could be doing it. Trust yourself, get organized, and play!

Take time for yourself

Organization takes time, attention, and energy. Therefore, our 3 acts of self care are more geared towards your well-being. After all, there is no way to be organized and up to date with tasks if you are not up to date with you. Each person has a taste of their own, that’s a fact. But if there’s something we all need to relax and be okay with ourselves, it’s a sacred moment taken away for you. It can be coffee with a friend, a lunch with the family, or a party with your best friend. Or you can read a book in your room, write in your personal journal, watch romantic comedies and have a jar of ice cream… Anything that is a breath for you to recharge the energies and leave the heart warm.

take Breaks 

It’s true great feats require great efforts, but here’s a friendly tip: trying to do everything at once won’t help you at all. Remember we talked about the organization? The tip now is to include breaks during the accomplishment of your tasks. 15 minutes that you can drink water or give a kiss to your sister, revigorate and make you more willing than you think. Take a moment of breath to visualize yourself within the task you are accomplishin g. Sometimes, in the rush to deliver everything and stay “free”, we end up going over important things, losing focus. It is better to do one thing at a time over the weekend than to hand over everything disorganized to get rid of it.

recognize

One of the best sensations is finishing a job you were committed to and seeing a good result, knowing that you did it yourself. It’s important that you congratulate yourself as much as you charge yourself. We tend to treat our accomplishments as if they were nothing, but if you recognize your accomplishments and value them, you will be more and more proud and have the gas and energy to want to keep improving.

Perhaps this is the most important tip, value your work efforts that will bring results achieved by you. Follow this tip, at the end of the semester –  and in life.;)

——————————

The article above was edited by Ana Beatriz Aith.

Liked this type of content? Check out Her Campus Casper Libero for more!

👯‍♀️ Related: 7 advices a senior would give newcomers about the first year of college
Nathalia Zanatta

Casper Libero '25

kindness and wraiting :) doing jornalism, searching for a better world with opportuninites for all, to be a communication agent and make an equal world possible for all the amazing womans that exist and will came.