#7 Amazing Recipes From Cartoon Food To Try In Real Life

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Casper Libero chapter.

We all love watching cartoons and we all have our favorite ones. But despite watching them frequently, we often miss some details that are trivial or seem irrelevant to the plot: one of those things being food. Apparently, as an Oxford study shows, the vast majority of people think their food tastes better if it looks good. And food in cartoons is designed to look amazing, to be a more attractive version of itself, so we automatically assume it tastes great – even though we know it’s not real.

How many times have you gone hungry just watching your favorite character cook a delicious strawberry pie or setting a beautiful table for a feast that seems to really only exist in fiction?

Know that it is possible to cook those wonderful cartoon foods and, most importantly, the probability of them getting really amazing is pretty big. The list is huge, so we’ve selected 7 recipes that will satisfy the crave of your favorite cartoons and, above all, your hunger!

#1 scooby-doo – “The Super-duper sandwich”

The cartoon Scooby-Doo is known for its sandwiches: Scooby-Doo and Shaggy are making a “snack” all the time, if you get what I mean. For those who don’t know, this is the Super-Duper sandwich Shaggy created and he and Scooby adore. This luscious sandwich with hamburger buns and has like 83 layers of ham, cheese, lettuce and tomato slices with mustard and mayo in between… Did I forget something? Hopefully not! 

If you’re not very hungry maybe it’s not the time to do it, but if you’re like them (always hungry) I guarantee it will quickly satiate you. How about trying?

Alice IN WONDERLAND – “THE ‘EAT ME’ COOKIES”

Here is a literary recipe! To sweeten your life, a cookie with the words “eat me” seems to be even more irresistible than its beautiful appearance. It’s certainly impossible not to prove it! We understand you, Alice. 

Remember those colorful magical cookies she found in a box by the Doorknob, that came in different shapes and colors, all covered with sugar icing, with “eat me” and “take me” written on them? Alice ate one and grew giant. If height weren’t an issue, who would want to eat more than one? Chill out, we’re in real life and we can eat as much as we want!

In a wonderland with wonderful foods, how about trying to cook these amazing cookies?

Garfield – “The lasagna”

This is a very popular food in Brazil and you have probably eaten lasagna many times in your life, but what you don’t know is that you certainly haven’t tasted one like this.

Garfild, the famous orange tabby cat that was born in a restaurant and ate all the lasagna immediately, developed an obsession for it. Later, we can see he’s a fat and lazy cat that hates doing anything else but sleeping and eating lasagna, and we totally understand it!  Who could resist that succulent cheesy aromatic pleasure? Garfield hates to share his lasagna, and we hated Garfield for not sharing it with us, but now things have changed, how about to try it?

SESAME STREET – “CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES”

If you watched Sesame Street you will surely remember the Cookie Monster, a blue monster in love with chocolate chip cookies. Just the monster we would like to be, it must be so good to eat all that, too bad it could end so quickly. Who could resist those? Luckily, those cookies really exist and making them is easy! So we don’t have to think about how to recreate them. But until we wait for them to bake, all we can do is enjoy the smell and say, “me want cookie!”

ratatouille – “REMY’S OMELETTE

Considering that most of its plot was related to cooking, the 2007 animated comedy film showed us a handful of mouthwatering dishes that went beyond words: cheese, pasta, vegetables… So much time has passed and we kept thinking about the juicy golden omelette that Remy made for him and Alfredo for breakfast. Cooking omelets sounds simple, and if Remy, who is a simple mouse, can do it, why in real life wouldn’t I?

Okay, I suck at cooking and he really is a master chef, but why should we get discouraged, right? So here’s another recipe for you to try!

THE SIMPSONS – “THE DUNUT”

Anyone who’s ever watched The Simpsons has certainly drooled over the pink, round donuts sprinkled with colorful sprinkles that Homer loves so much. Luckily, these pink donuts are also on the list of cartoon foods that actually exist, so you don’t have to just crave them. There is an Australian company that makes these donuts and sells them as “D’ohnut”, referring to Homer’s trademark phrase. Plus, there’s an actual bakery version of the show at Universal Studios in California and Florida. If you’re far from these places, the kitchen is your best friend, try this recipe and let us know if the donut is really as good as it looks.

WOODY WOODPECKER – “BUTTERSCOTCH-FINGER-PIE”

Who doesn’t remember the episode where Woody Woodpecker was freaked out by a butterscotch-finger-pie? He really loved it and would do anything to delight in one of them. Those of us who watched this were extremely upset that we couldn’t also have the opportunity to try even one butterscotch-finger-pie. But what you probably didn’t know is that it exists in real life and you can do it! Here’s another delicious recipe for you to try and get addicted just like Woody Woodpecker did!

Going to the kitchen already?

Tell us which of these recipes you most enjoyed making and which are your favorites! Just don’t feel like trying.

👯‍♀️ Related: Sorvete Vegano Com Base De Leite Vegetal: Um Estilo De Vida Cremoso E Sem Crueldade Animal
Lívia Carvalho

Casper Libero '23

Lívia is a 22-year old who loves art stuffs expressed in music, cook, movies, places and stories as well. By writing, she can tell you about what she heard or feel about, which is a powerful way to help somehow the world. Now she's a journalism student at Casper Libero enjoying in Her Campus what she loves to do the most!