ricardo gomez angel 3kzlCL3rj8A unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
ricardo gomez angel 3kzlCL3rj8A unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

7 Ways to De-Stress During Finals Week

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Carthage chapter.

Sure, college is fun and all, but you know what’s not fun? Taking final exams! Finals week is undoubtedly one of the most stressful times of a college student’s academic career. From endless hours spent in the library, to late night study sessions… it can be a really difficult time for anyone, regardless of your year or major. Thankfully, there is some light at the end of that seemingly endless tunnel of finals week! Below is a compilation of seven different ways to de-stress during finals week, courtesy of a few Carthage College students and Carthage alum.

Photo courtesy of Pexels

1. “Vine compilations.” – Katja Damjanic, sophomore

2. “Taking naps, definitely naps.” – Anna Henry, senior

3. “Ice cream, random dance parties, wine, and friends… both the real thing and the TV show!” – Brittney De Mik, graduate 2017

4. “Cats.” – Jordan Nazos, senior

5. “Sitting down by the lake or just outside in general.” – Michaela Prall, senior

6. “My group of friends would generally go out once for dinner off campus, or out to the movies. Something to give our brains a chance to shut off for a few hours.” – Anonymous Student

7. “Going down by the lake and studying with friends!” – Chrissy Loeb, senior

Everyone has their own methods of de-stressing, so try out a few and see what works best for you! Finals week will be here before we know it. Happy de-stressing!

Rep image courtesy of Pexels

Amanda is a senior at Carthage College pursuing an English major with an emphasis in creative writing, and a double minor in political science and criminal justice. She is originally from Minnesota, and although she loves being at college, she always misses Caribou Coffee when she is away from home. Amanda enjoys writing, reading, hanging out with friends, hanging out with her guinea pig, and catching up on her latest obsession on Netflix, whatever that may be. She will also be attending law school in the fall of 2018, and hopes to become a civil rights lawyer in the near future.