Wellness

The ultimate ‘Sunday reset’ plan to help you conquer the week

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Carleton chapter.

The so-called “Sunday scaries” are real. By the time Sunday rolls around, the weekend has lost its sparkle and thoughts of the week ahead start creeping into our minds. But don’t worry! Here is a Sunday reset routine to get you feeling like the main character while prepping for the week ahead.

Start with some MOVEMENT

Moving your body is a great way to start your morning any day of the week! Take advantage of your extra time on Sundays; start that fitness program you’ve wanted to or add a few additional minutes to your morning yoga.

Try a Screenless Sunday

During the week, chances are you’re glued to your phone or stuck at a desk on your computer. Give your eyes and mind a break by taking a tech-free Sunday. If this seems too daunting, try to leave your morning and evening phone-free. This will allow you to ease into your day and wind down better at night.

Do laundry

There’s nothing more frustrating than waking up on Monday — or any day — and realizing the outfit you thought was clean is buried at the bottom of your laundry basket. Avoid this by using your Sunday to wash any clothes that may have accumulated throughout the week. This will help you plan your outfits ahead of time and avoid any Monday panic over not having anything nice to wear.

Meal Prep

You can save yourself tons of time and money during the week by taking an hour to plan out your meals. This will avoid the stress of getting meals on the go and prevent any unwanted splurging on fast food. Whether it’s writing a list of what you’ll make each day, running to the store to stock up your fridge, or cooking dinners in advance, your wallet and future self will thank you.

Tidy your space

Taking even thirty minutes to tidy your space and do the mundane chores can make a massive difference to your week. Cleaning your room, organizing your desk, washing dishes, and dusting will make your home a pleasant area during the hecticness of the week.

Finish schoolwork

Take some extra time on Sundays to get any classwork or smaller tasks done, so you feel prepared to enter the week. However, try to get these tasks done earlier in the day to avoid too much stress before you head to bed.

Skincare

Now’s your chance to do the 10-step, over-the-top, skincare routine that you simply don’t have time for during the week. This can be a great way to relax during the evening and leave you feeling your best.

Read for fun

For university students, a new week means a fresh pile of dense readings that you’re required to read by your professors. Take a break from the academic material and read something just for enjoyment. Use your Sunday reset as a chance to finish a few chapters of that novel sitting collecting dust on your shelf.

Get to bed early

Be sure to get to bed at a decent hour on Sunday to start your Monday feeling well-rested and ready for the week to come. No one wants to start their Monday half-asleep at their desk, trying to keep their eyes open long enough to down a cup of coffee.

By implementing these small changes into your Sunday routine, you’re sure to improve your mental and physical well-being throughout your week. Now go into the week as your best self!

Jenna Legge

Carleton '24