The 4 most Instagram-worthy restaurants in Ottawa to visit with your friends

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Carleton chapter.

Ottawa locals have a habit of slamming the city for being a boring political hub full of drab buildings and little excitement. However, this could not be further from the truth, especially when it comes to its restaurant scene. Ottawa is a prime spot for foodies with no shortage of unique dining options that provide not only great food, but great photo ops too!

Luxe Blooms Flower Café

Location: 254 Dalhousie St, Ottawa

If your life motto is “everything is better in pink,” then this cafe is the spot for you. Luxe Blooms Flower Café is just a short walk from Byward Market and is the perfect place to escape the dreary, bitterly cold Ottawa winters. Covered floor to ceiling in bright pink flowers with perfectly pink furniture, seasonal sadness doesn’t stand a chance. The decor alone makes this café a prime spot for photos, however, the bright pastries and latte art are just as photo-worthy.

The Vanitea Room

Location: 551 Somerset St W, Ottawa

Tea, bottomless mimosas, and drag brunches, oh my! This elegant eatery is the perfect place for English-style afternoon tea with a presentation just begging to hold a spot on your Instagram account. This is the perfect spot for a girl’s day out, with too many menu options to choose from!

Lavender Grill

Location: 47 Clarence St. Unit 101-102, Ottawa

This upscale restaurant is a newer addition to the Byward Market, opening its doors last summer. Fitting to its name, lavenders hang from the ceiling as lights cast an indigo hue on the lounge. The calm vibes paired with extravagant dishes and purple theming make this location perfect for photos with friends.

House of TARG

Location: 1077 Bank St, Ottawa

House of TARG is a live music venue, arcade and pierogi restaurant which opened in 2014. If you’re looking for unique food, beer and retro games, then this is the place to be. The rows of retro games alone make this restaurant great for adding an edge to your Instagram feed, but the interesting pierogis are also great to capture, with options like “pierogi poutine,” “pierogi pizza” and “kickstart my heartichoke.”

Have an Instagrammable spot I didn’t list? DM us your favs @hccarleton on IG to be featured!

Jenna Legge

Carleton '24