How to Deal With Burnout at the End of the School Year

The end of the school year can be a tough time for finding motivation - often students experience ‘burnout’ and feel unmotivated to do anything. 

This exam season, get ahead of yourself and avoid that feeling by following some of these tips:

1. 1. Pace yourself

You dont need to complete everything in one go. It’s important to take breaks in between and go as slow or as fast as you need.

2. 2. Take time for self-care

Your mental and physical health comes before everything, so make sure you are listening to what your body needs and giving it time to rest. 

3. 3. Create a schedule 

Creating a schedule is helpful to see what your whole day will look like, and will help you when it comes to setting deadlines and breaks for yourself. It allows you to be productive but also take care of yourself. 

4. 4. Get enough sleep and stay hydrated 

This goes hand-in-hand with mental and physical care. If you are not well-rested or hydrated, you will become lethargic - which can make you burn out much quicker.

5. 5. Unplug

Sometimes it helps to unplug from social media for periods of time to focus on work. Unplugging is also helpful during your break periods, so that you don’t waste your time scrolling through your phone. Instead, try reading a book, going for a walk, seeing a friend, or trying out a new recipe.

Burnout has affected the best of us, and there are lot’s of ways to avoid it. This year, try a different routine and see the difference in your life. Happy finals season! We’re almost at the finish line!