BTC WELLNESS?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
BTC WELLNESS?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Her Campus Media
Wellness

A Shopping Guide for Your Wellness Focused Friend

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Cal Poly chapter.

You may have that person in your life who is always preaching about the importance of being well rested, exercising often, eating a nutritious diet, using natural skin care products. . . you know who I’m talking about. In my life, this is me. So, I have compiled this list of seven perfect gift ideas for your wellness focused friend. Let’s dive in!

High Quality Supplements

For any health and wellness fanatic, one of their daily regimens is probably a supplement of some sort. Some common ones are Fish Oil for heart health, Vitamin C as an antioxidant and Zinc for the immune system. Figuring out which health supplements your friend will want can be hard, but companies like Love Wellness make it so much easier. This company labels their supplements with their purpose, having products such as “Bye Bye Bloat,” for digestion and “Lights Out,” for sleep. These supplements combine natural ingredients to create the perfect wellness cocktail. 

Essential Oils & Diffusers

Aromatherapy is a common practice amongst wellness junkies, especially for stressful times like these. Healthline defines aromatherapy as, “A holistic healing treatment that uses natural plant extracts to promote health and well-being.”  In order to create an essential oil oasis in the home, your friend will need a diffuser and some oils. The diffusers can range in price from $20 to upward of $200. You decide what you’re wanting to spend. For reference, you can check out Amazon for some more affordable options, or shop one of the more popular diffusers; the Vitruvi Stone Diffuser

You may be concerned that your friend already has one, but trust me, you can never have too many, as they work in one room of the home. If you’re unsure, you can purchase some essential oils for them instead of the diffuser! Most wellness lovers use their essential oils for a certain purpose. Some examples are lavender and valerian for anxiety, chamomile and bergamot for sleep and peppermint and sweet orange for an energy boost! One great place to shop oils is Plant Therapy.

Natural Bath Products

As the weather is cooling down and the stress is seemingly not letting up, relaxing baths are essential. If you want to give a gift of self-care, natural bath products are the answer. We want to think outside of the box for this one, as your friend probably has tons of typical bath bombs and salts. The up and coming wellness ingredient that is getting more hype every day is hemp. The reason hemp is so popular amongst skin care products is because it’s anti-aging and contains tons of fatty acids that help to moisturize your skin without clogging pores, read more here.  

For this reason, I believe the best bath product to get your wellness focused friend is the Prima Effervescent Mineral Soak for Relaxation and Recovery. This bath soak contains functional minerals combined with hemp seed extract and naturally occurring CBD for the ultimate relaxing bath experience.

Reusable Water Bottles

Anyone who cares about their health cares about their hydration, or at least they should. We’ve all hopped on the reusable water bottle trend, I hope, but I have a new reusable bottle that takes hydration to another level. Glacce is a company that creates products that help you incorporate the healing power of crystals into your daily life, even if you may not have time to sit down and meditate with them every day. One of their most popular products is a glass water bottle that has a crystal inside of it. They have a plethora of options from rose quartz to amethyst and so on. On each product description, it’ll tell you what that crystal has to offer in regard to healing powers. For example, their Amethyst Bottle encourages feelings of calm, intuition, creativity and sobriety.

Exercise Equipment 

Oftentimes, wellness junkies overlap with workout junkies, there is a sort of Venn Diagram going on and we have a middle sector I’ll call work-well junkies. For these people, exercise is essential to the daily routine. Their routine may include a jog, pilates, hot yoga, etc. But, one thing they can all use regardless is some ankle weights. This gift is especially relevant now that many of us are doing our workouts at home due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Amongst fitness influencers on Instagram and Youtube, I have seen these Bala Bangles by Bandier the most. These weights come in one and two pound options with tons of colors to choose from as well. They are versatile in the fact that you can use them on your ankles or wrists, and they can pack away easier than dumbbells. A great gift for the traveling work-well person.

Bullet Journals

Many influencers who are passionate about wellness, my favorite being Claudia Suleweski, have been talking about bullet journaling for quite a while. What is a bullet journal? It is a method of organization for your personal life created by designer Ryder Carroll. This system organizes scheduling, reminders, to- do lists, etc. into a single notebook. You can purchase any blank journal for your friend, but dotted pages for bullet journaling do exist. One I’ve seen among wellness lovers is this dotted notebook by Papier called The Jag. There are cheaper options found on Amazon as well. For a video on how to set up a bullet journal, watch below.

Self-Help Books

One commonality among wellness junkies is that they are not just focused on bettering their body, they also prioritize their mental health and how they feel emotionally. We should all be doing this, and it doesn’t have to be some outlandish 20 step daily regime. In fact, there are people out there getting paid to assist people in bettering their lives; these people write self-help books. There’s so many choices, some books to help you feel less lonely, some to motivate you to work harder, and some just to answer those difficult questions, such as, “What is the meaning of life?” 

If you think your friend is in need of a confidence boost, send over the famous Jen Sincero book, “You Are a Badass.” This book aims to help you get rid of self-doubt and start living a better life because of it. If your wellness friend doubles as a creative in any form such as an artist, singer, writer, etc. it’s only right that you pick up the new book by Elizabeth Gilbert, “Big Magic.” This is the same woman who wrote, “Eat, Pray, Love,” and I think that’s all I need to say. 

I hope by the end of this you have found something perfect for your wellness loving friend, or yourself! Wellness is something that we could all focus on a little more, and I hope this list gave you a few ideas on how you can do that for yourself or for a friend. Happy shopping!

Current Vice President and Campus Correspondent for the Cal Poly chapter of Her Campus. Hannah is a third year Journalism student with a concentration in Public Relations at Cal Poly. Hannah is working toward a career writing for an online publication focusing on health and wellness. In her free time Hannah listens to podcasts, walks on the beach, reads self-help books, shops clean skincare and tries new plant-based recipes. On this page you'll find the articles she has written about lifestyle, health, wellness, fashion, current events and more.