This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Cal Lutheran chapter.

As the middle of the semester rolls around, we become stressed. Midterms are coming at us left and right, papers need to be written, and presentations need to be worked on. The assignments seems endless. On top of that, we start to miss home, find that we can’t balance our social life with school, and a whole list of problems form. We become discouraged and wonder how we will get through the upcoming week. This is evident among many students, not only at Cal Lutheran but at every other school as well.

Image courtesy of Huffington Post

So how can we fix this?

A lot of these emotions we are feeling are attributed toward our mental state of mind. Once one thing goes bad, we carry those feelings to other activities we take part in and somehow a negative cycle is in play and we believe that everything is not going well in our lives.

We can turn this around by trying to keep a positive mindset as frequently as possible. We must think good things that are kind, motivational, inspirational, and joyful. Soon, that will reflect in our attitude and all that we do. Positive energy will gravitate toward us because we are acting upon it, ready to seize it with open arms. It may be difficult at first but there are minor tweaks that can be done here and there like putting on a smile, listening to cheery music, or complimenting people, and soon this will all become a habit.

Image courtesy of The Odyssey

This positive attitude should be prevalent in every aspect of our lives such as friendships, our jobs, with our family, and more. Here are some quotes that embody “Think Happy Be Happy.”

“Never confuse a single defeat with a final defeat” –F. Scott Fitzgerald

“Tomorrow is fresh with no mistakes in it” –Lucy Montgomery

“All times are beautiful for those who maintain joy within them” -Rosalía de Castro

“It’s not where you take things from- it’s where you take them to” –Jean Godard

“Trust yourself, you know more than you think you do” -Benjamin Spock

You are never alone in difficult situations. Just remember that your attitude is everything and only you can be the cause of your happiness. You are doing a freaking great job. Don’t forget that.

Image courtesy of Quotesgram

*All quotes are from the book Think Happy, Be Happy by Workman Publishing

Follow us at HCCallutheran on Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, and Facebook!