This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Cal Lutheran chapter.

We have all seen those “Sunday reset” videos on Tiktok where girls share the Sunday routine they do to prep for the upcoming week. So many people experience a phenomenon called the “Sunday Scaries” where they feel a sense of impending doom all day on Sunday because Monday morning is just around the corner. Having a Sunday reset routine is great for combatting this anxiety because routines are comforting, and they help make sure you are prepared for the week ahead. Admittedly, these Sunday resets are designed for either college students who have free weekends or those with 9-5 jobs who do not work on the weekends. I try to do a Sunday reset as well, but I work retail and usually work a full shift on Sundays, so I do not get to follow this as much as I would like. However, if you would like to work on alleviating some of those “Sunday Scaries,” then follow along for some advice!

Keeping your living/working space clean is super important because you deserve to live free from the stress that clutter gives. Keeping your living space clean allows you to focus on other things and allows you to feel overall calmer. This is a great day to do laundry, vacuum, or deep clean your kitchen/bathroom/bedroom. These are tasks that are not easy to do every day and require a bit more time, so dedicating Sunday mornings to cleaning is a great idea. 

Sundays are also the best day to take “The Shower,” which is code for a shower that covers every step in your routine such as hair-washing, exfoliating, shaving- whatever you do when you have enough time. We may not do all of these things in our daily showers, but Sunday is where we pamper ourselves. This is followed up by our full skin and body care routine. For me, this usually involves my regular skincare routine, with the addition of a face mask and my self-tan routine. If you self-tan, Sundays are a great time to do that because you have more time to let the tan develop. 

Lastly, Sunday evenings are the time when you make sure everything is prepared for the next day. If you need to lay out your outfit for the next day or pack your bags, this is a great time to do that. After you are all prepared for Monday morning, watch some Netflix or read a book to relax and unwind before going to bed early to make sure you have a good amount of rest for the next week!

Anna Henson

Cal Lutheran '23

Hi! My name is Anna Henson and I am a junior history pedagogy major at California Lutheran University. I love all types of writing including research for my major and fun opinion articles! I am pursuing a teaching credential to help students develop their writing and thinking skills to express themselves clearly and creatively. I also love iced coffee, Tiktok, and the color pink!