This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Cal Lutheran chapter.

“I’m not asking you to wait for me because I know that isn’t fair-”

“I’ll wait for you.”

I truly never believed in the “right person, wrong time” saying because if the person was right, how could any timing be wrong? How could the universe ever cause you to meet someone perfect for you only to say oops maybe not right now”. However, that changed when I met her. 

Meeting the right person at the wrong time is possibly the worst and most painful thing the universe can do. Having so much potential with someone, being almost that perfect match for each other, but time not being in your favor. That heartbreak is more painful than rejection. Knowing that your chemistry is undeniable, you both like each other a lot, maybe even love each other, but that it’s impossible to be together right now. The universe wont allow it. It’s a bittersweet love story, where nobody wins and everyone is left heartbroken. 

I know it sounds so cliche, like something out of a romance novel. When does anyone ever think they’re going to experience that kind of love? That love that feels like when the sun hits your back and it’s freezing out. That perfect warmth. That’s how it felt when she came around. We don’t know why the universe causes us to meet the right person at the wrong time. Maybe it’s a lesson? Or maybe that’s what we tell ourselves to live with the pain of not having them around.

I believe that if the universe was able to bring us together once,  it will bring us back together in the future again. Sometimes we have to let people flourish and grow somewhere else before they come back to us. As painful as that may be, it’s necessary for everyone involved. Yes, the situation sucks, but you can still remember them as the person you loved. You can keep all those memories and moments in your heart and think fondly of them with a smile on your face. You don’t regret making those memories and you don’t hate them for leaving. You can keep loving and supporting them from afar. We’ll go our separate ways and find ourselves starting new individual journeys. I hope wherever life takes you and I, it’ll lead us back to each other someday.

Molly Peach-Friends
Molly Peach / Her Campus

But if the universe decides not to bring us together again, I hope you are receiving the love you deserve and so much more. I hope you see a field of flowers and think of me, as I think of you when I see the ocean. I hope you can reminisce on our short love story and smile knowing we both loved and cared for each other. 

In another lifetime, we are the right person, at the right time and, all is well and all is fine. 

I let you go my love

Karla Guzman

Cal Lutheran '25

Hey ! My name is Karla. Im a Criminal justice/Criminology & Psychology major with a minor in Spanish. I am a first generation student. I enjoy talking/learning about mental health awareness and working as a silly little barista. I also enjoy listening to music 24/7, my favorite artist at the moment are Taylor swift, Mitski, Harry styles, and Hozier.