This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Cal Lutheran chapter.

Wow another year of school is here.  Summer has come and gone and now we are back to work.  There are so many possibilities, but many students end up staying in the same routine of getting up, going to class and then back to their rooms.  It’s easy to become stuck in the routine of just going to class and doing your work in your room. You should, of course, be focused on your studies and excel in areas that interest you.  However, there are endless things to do around campus that add irreplaceable value to your schooling experience. 

There are tons of clubs to join and be a part of, there are constant activities happening on campus that are amazing to be involved in. If you don’t happen to find something that sparks your interest then you have the option of starting your own club where you could meet like minded people and be passionate about something that is important to you.  

Now’s the time to be creative and do the things that you put off all summer or that you were too busy to accomplish.  Take risks and put yourself out there because the greatest opportunities can come from those risks. 

Apply for an internship that interests you, start that Youtube channel because nothing is stopping you. 

Cal Lutheran offers tons of resources that allow you to perfect your resume and apply to current positions looking to hire students.  I can’t even begin to stress how valuable it is to take advantage of all the resources around you.  Seizing each moment and taking advantage of each opportunity that is given to you is something that doesn’t just apply to today but also applies to opportunities given in the future. Why not? Especially at a school like Cal Lutheran where there are plenty of things to get involved in; the possibilities are truly endless.

Photos courtesy of author

Follow us at HCCallutheran on Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, and Facebook!