This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Cal Lutheran chapter.

Dapper Day at Disneyland is unlike any Disney meetup ever before. It’s probably the most well-known one of them all! If you’ve just become an annual passholder you won’t want to miss this. Dapper Day started in February 2011 and it celebrates refined style from yesterday and today by organizing outings at Disney parks and more recently, museums. The celebration was even featured at the LACMA this past September. Here are some tips on how you can celebrate!

Websites to Check Out

Sites like Unique Vintage, Etsy and ModCloth are the best options for dresses and accessories. You can find clothes in any era on those sites! Amazon has been the best site for cheaper options if you don’t want to splurge. The good thing about these dresses is that you can use them again for Spring Formal!

You Do Not Have To Disneybound

Even if it is at Disneyland, you do not have to Disneybound for this event. If you don’t know what Disneybounding is. Here’s my article that talks about Disneybounding! You can still dress nice even if you don’t dress up as a Disney Character.(Photo from the Dapper Day website)

Pack the Essentials

Take a small bag with you that includes your phone, a portable charger with USB cable, some band-aids, and your ticket. Take a cardigan with you if are planning on staying at the parks at night.

Bring or Wear Comfortable Shoes

Comfort is key even if you are dressing up nicely. If you are wearing heels to complete your outfit, bring some comfortable shoes to switch out from after taking pictures.

Photo Spots are Everywhere

People love to take pictures in front of the castle. Sadly, there’s always an enormous queue for those pictures! Expect the lines for the castle to be twice as long for Dapper Day. My favorite photo spots at Disneyland are at the courtyard near It’s A Small World (shown here), Star Wars Launch Bay’s Star Wall, and California Adventure’s World of Color viewing area at Paradise Pier.(Photo from Jessie Coalter Price via Facebook)

People Watch

Dapper Day at Disneyland is a prime event where people celebrate fashion. So sit back, enjoy a churro and see some cool outfits.(Photo from Kathryn E. Sawyer via Facebook)(Photo from Jo Turner via Facebook)

Check Out the Expo!

In the past, it’s been free but, this year they are ten dollars for the whole weekend. The expo is a big part of Dapper Day because it is where the idea started. It’s at the Disneyland Hotel’s Exposition Hall. They sell cool vintage pieces, as well as feature demonstrations and performances.

Make sure you stay hydrated and happy while enjoying the festivities in the parks. Fall Dapper Day is on November 4-5th but, if you want to prepare for Spring Dapper Day (they do have discounted tickets 2 Months before the event), it is on May 5th.

(Header Photo From the Dapper Day website)

Emily Yoshida

Cal Lutheran

Hi I'm Emily and Im a HCCLU Alum!         
Follow us at HCCallutheran on Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, and Facebook!