This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Cal Lutheran chapter.

Name: Parnia Vafaei

Major: Business Administration Major/Pre-Med

Year: Freshman

Hometown: Del Mar, CA

Parnia was born in Iran and moved to the U.S. when she was four. She mainly stayed in the San Diego area, lived in Irvine for a year, and then ended up settling in Del Mar.

She attended Torey Pines High School where she excelled in her classes and did a lot of community service. She mentioned that she also enjoyed her time in Interact club.

Parnia is a very diverse woman! She enjoys singing, photography, cooking, and baking in her free time. “LOL, does driving count as a hobby?” said Parnia. She has a huge heart; she loves to volunteer and really enjoys helping people with their problems, which is why she applied to become an RA and a PA!  She even tutors people in math in her free time.

She loves Cal Lutheran, a lot. “I like the small class sizes, the classes are smaller than at my high school. Connections! Its easier with DSP and the workshops here, its really easy to connect with people in the business or the medical world,” said Parnia.

She is a member of the DSP fraternity on campus and a member of Her Campus as well! After college Parnia hopes to attend medical school to become a plastic surgeon.

Check out Parnia on Twitter and Instagram (@parniavee)! 

Elaine Abarta

Cal Lutheran

Elaine is a Junior at California Lutheran University majoring in Communications. She is currently Publicity Director and Features Writer for Her Campus at Cal Lutheran. She loves planning events, singing, playing guitar, and spending time with her friends and family. 
Follow us at HCCallutheran on Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, and Facebook!