This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at C of C chapter.

Here we are again, everyone’s favorite time of year… well, maybe just those in relationships or who are married. For the rest of us, Valentine’s Day is just another day to let you know how really single you are. My entire life, I have been single on Valentine’s Day, and in all honesty, it sucked, but this year, this is the year that Valentine’s Day is not gonna be another lonely day wishing I had a significant other to celebrate with. Follow along with me as I list the top 5 things to do while single on the most romantic day of the year.

Self Care Night

Ladies and gentlemen, this is one of the only days of the year you do not have to feel bad about truly taking care of yourself. Make yourself a bath, light your favorite candle, put a face mask on, and order yourself your favorite food. Do whatever makes yourself the happiest. Pro Tip: if you have extra money to spend, almost every clothing website has sales during the week of Valentine’s Day. Get yourself a new wardrobe that makes you feel your best!

Charcuterie Board Night

If you love food, this is the best way to spend Valentine’s Day. Recently, I have been so into making charcuterie boards. They are so fun to make and are pleasing to the eye. Charcuterie boards are diverse, and you can use any food, snacks, and dips. Grab a few of your closest friends and have a night where you just eat and talk!

Rom-Com Movie Marathon

Being single on Valentine’s Day doesn’t mean you can’t enjoy the idea of being in love. Make yourself some popcorn and play your favorite rom-com. Some of my favorites on Netflix are 50 First Dates, Holidate, About Time, The Prince and Me, and When We First Met. Also, I recommend any movie with Matthew McConaughey. 

Send Your Friends Valentine’s Day Cards

Let’s get crafty! A great way to show your love to others is by making them a card. Go to any craft stores, get some cute Valentine’s Day themed paper and some heart stickers, then get to crafting. Writing a short message to express your love to friends and family can make their day so much better. Also, this is a great way to stay safe in this pandemic!

Sign Up for a Yoga or Workout Class

Yoga and working out are both beneficial for your mental and physical health. Yoga and any type of workout class can destress you, and during this time of year, focusing on your mental health is very important. Plus, afterward, you can treat yourself to some coffee, or if you’re feeling really special, your favorite flowers.

In conclusion, whether you’re single on Valentine’s Day or not, you are so loved by so many people, and I hope that today and every day you are able to see that. These are just recommendations of things to do on Valentine’s Day, but you can do these any day of the year. Remember to love yourself, focus on your mental and physical health, and know, you are always important!

Adi Sweet

C of C '23

Hey y'all, my name is Adi Sweet and I am a sophomore at the College of Charleston. I am originally from Charlotte, North Carolina where I was a worship leader, worked at TopGolf and loved to hangout with friends and family. At the College, I am a Young life leader, in greek life and am studying in Business Administration with a concentration in finance. I am so excited to spread my creativity, tips and thoughts to this amazing girl gang! Hope you enjoy!