This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at C of C chapter.

So I am not a huge fan of podcasts, as I am unable to focus on just listening, so I always opt to watch podcasts in their video format. I listen to some every now and then, but this past December, I found my new favorite that really resonates with me and gets me to think about my life and relationships with people. 

Sweet Boys is a podcast with Youtube Creators Andrew Siwicki and Garrett Watts, where they talk about stories from their life, their ever-blossoming friendship, and life as a chaotic beauty. Garrett and Andrew are amazing storytellers as they talk about hard-hitting topics that impact our everyday lives, from relationships to becoming uninspired. The pair are electric together in their close friendship that makes me feel like I’m hanging out with my friends in their conversations. They tend to jump around throughout the podcasts, but they always try to come back to focus, much like that of a very organic conversation with a close friend about what’s been on your mind.

They are not afraid to talk about their personal lives and the things that make them anxious from day to day, which is very refreshing for a podcast. They begin every episode with a mellow montage meant to calm you down, and throughout the podcast they do “hydration alerts” to remind you to drink water throughout the day which I think makes watching feel very “at home”. This is the feeling that keeps bringing me back every week to watch Garrett and Andrew talk about their lives. 

This show is very complex in what they talk about and how they talk about it. The best way I can find to describe why I love this podcast is that it is very comforting because it doesn’t feel disconnected from my own relationships. This show has been very good for my mental health through these past few months as Andrew and Garrett are a very positive force in my daily life that inspire me to be a better version of myself going forward.

Howdy! My name is Julia Brown, and I’m a senior studying Elementary Education with minors in Music and Sociology. In my free time, I like to listen to music, drink lots of coffee, and spot dogs on the street. I enjoy writing advice articles, music and movie reviews, and ways to make the most of your time on campus!