Meredith Kress-Summer Girl Legs Swimming Pool
Meredith Kress / Her Campus
Style > Beauty

SPF Products You Need

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at C of C chapter.

As summer is quickly approaching, and spring break right around the corner, everyone dreams of a perfect glowy tan. Rather than harm your skin and speed up the process of aging, take advantage of the products that can help you look as though you just got right back from the beach.

1. Ilia Super Serum SKin Tint SPF 40 

This allure 2020 Best of Beauty Award Winner is the perfect foundation, skin tint, and sunscreen while combining makeup, skincare, and SPF into one step. Made with ingredients like hydrochloric acid, plant-based squalene, and niacinamide, it’s also free of oils and fragrances. It’s non-nano zinc oxide shields skin from free radicals, blue light, and pollution. It is easily applied to the face in the same manner as regular serum; it has literally changed my life.

2. Ilia C Beyond Triple Serum SPF 40

This is a 10% Vitamin C serum with mineral SPF 40 for visibly brighter skin. If your skin is struggling with dryness, dullness, or uneven texture, this is the perfect solution. Hence its title, it is made up of key ingredients of vitamin C, niacinamide 2%, and non-nano zinc oxide, creating a water-free sunscreen with vitamin C, mineral SPF, and niacinamide that delivers supercharged actives at full potency. That’s not even the best part; this product is vegan, cruelty-free, and comes in recyclable packaging.

3. Saie Tint Dewy Tinted Moisturizer SPF 35

This tinted moisturizer is an Allure 2021 Clean Beauty Winner. It is made up with unique ingredients of pansy flower, an antioxidant that works with Hyaluronic Acid to boost hydration. It also is made up of licorice root extract which helps to brighten the overall appearance of skin. It is not simply a sunscreen; it’s a moisturizer that supports your skin.

4. Kosas Revealer Skin Improving Foundation SPF 25 with Hyaluronic Acid and Niacinamide 

This Allure 2020 Clean Beauty Award Winner is an SPF treatment foundation. The liquid formulation provides medium coverage that is easily applicable by brush or beauty blender, and comes in an array with more than thirty shades. It is made up of squalane, Arnica, and Pro Vitamin B5, alongside peptides and Hyaluronic Acid. This product has also been dermatologically tested – proving it is safe for sensitive skin, non-acnegenic, and hypoallergenic. This product is a part of Clean at Sephora, a curation of brands committed to evolving the beauty industry. When you see the Clean seal, it ensures that the brand’s products are formulated without certain ingredients that are potentially harmful to human health and the environment.

5. NARS Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer SPF 30

This tinted moisturizer is iconic. It is now available in 16 shades for all skin types and tones, and it’s free of parabens in addition to being vegan and gluten-free. Made with French Polynesian Kopara to help provide  hydration, condition the skin, and refine its appearance, the cream formulation provides light, tinted coverage and a radiant finish. It is so smooth it can be applied with fingers or a beauty blender. It provides a tint for the perfect tan, provides nutrients for the skin, and hydration – what more are you looking for?

Elizabeth is a sophomore at the College of Charleston from Long Island, New York, with a major in Business Administration and a minor in writing, rhetoric, and publication. Elizabeth currently serves as the Vice President & Director of Marketing, Publicity, and Social Media for HC at COFC. In addition to being involved in many campus organizations such as the Delta Gamma Sorority's Director of Apparel, The Director of Public Relations for the Order of Omega Honor Society, and member of the American Marketing Association at COFC, the sustainable fashion club, and COFC's Finance Club.