This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at C of C chapter.

Hello all! With fall break exactly a week away, I’ve been doing some reflection. Things are wrapping up, both schoolwork and events, if only for a few days of peace. I’m happy to say that I’ve been feeling much better overall, coming out of the mid-semester funk. My academics have been improving and I’ve seen other aspects of my life improve as a result.

With basketball starting up the pep-band experience has been a lot more fun as well. More games, more songs, more time to talk with friends, and the list goes on. I cannot deny that finding the one club filled with people you get along with goes miles towards the enjoyment of your school life. While some involve more effort and commitment than others, all of them involve having fun. At least, so long as you put everything into it and are open to meeting and bonding with the other people involved. Those connections lead to interactions outside of the group too! Shared classes, people to eat meals with, etc. It’s always great to spend time with people who share your interests, especially if the bonds you form end up carrying over into several activities.

I’m feeling much more confident about my relationships with my students and facilitators, and much better about my grades and usage of time as well. As long as I keep each assignment broken up into bite-sized chunks then I can get most anything done without burning out. It’s something helpful that it took me almost the full semester to learn, but I got there!  I’m hoping my notes and learning curbs throughout this freshman fall semester have helped some of you readers with your adjustment period. 

Until next time, stay healthy and happy, and enjoy the fall break!

Bryn Keeffe

C of C '26

Hello! My name is Bryn, and I'm a marketing and arts management major from the College of Charleston.